• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spinzall - Dave Arnold's food centrifuge

blue_dolphin

I just came here to post about the 2.0 being developed, but see that it was already mentioned a few hours ago.  I am very close to pre-purchase (all credit card info has been entered, but haven't hit submit).  I wanted one very badly back during the original release, as I did much more bar-work then but was not properly capitalized for the purchase.  Now that I am a salary man and have funds available, my use cases are somewhat reduced since I no longer bartend or run underground events with any frequency.  I still may buy one though.    

• Like 2

I don't really know if I need it, or even what I'll use it for, and the timing couldn't be any worse with the horrible NOK-USD exchange rate, but I didn't want to gamble on another batch being made in the future...🤐

• Like 3

I put a preorder down on the new spinzall but someone offered me a lightly used spinzall v1 for 550 usd (750cad). It's for home use so I'd love to save the money, but am concerned about lid breaking on the v1 and me being SOL, thoughts?

Edited by andrewk512 (log)

@andrewk512 

it this is something you will enjoy using , and look at it this way

as something special 

get the V2   , 

if you are looking for something more utilitarian 

get the V1 .

you don't want to be disappointed w either purchase.

• Like 1

That's a tough call, Andrew. 1000 USD is definitely a lot of money to spend on an appliance for the home kitchen - says the guy who rationalized buying a Henkelman Boxer chamber vacuum sealer, with all the bells and whistles, for home use :P 550 USD for a used machine isn't cheap either, especially if you don't have a chance to see and test run it before taking the deal. If the machine is in good condition though, you can buy a lot of ingredients and pre-treatment enzymes for 450 USD... I honestly don't know what I would do in a similar situation.

For those who have used V1, will I be able to use the Spinzall to significantly increase yield on the sous vide leek stock on MCH page 162? If so, that would be worth the 1000 USD alone... almost :laugh:

It's still possible to preorder, but it looks like the goal of 500 units sold has been reached. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start to experiment. Hopefully, the time-frame with expected delivery by the end of the year holds true 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sverreef said:

It's still possible to preorder, but it looks like the goal of 500 units sold has been reached. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start to experiment. Hopefully, the time-frame with expected delivery by the end of the year holds true 🙂 

Congrats on the new toy getting one step closer to you! As a former lab rat, there have been any number of cooking and cocktail making moments when I’ve thought, “I wish I could just spin that down!”

• Like 1

• 8 months later...