• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, heidih said:

@blue_dolphin  Totally get the frustration but how was the taste and texture  

I love caramelized onions but they are also quite sweet so I'd say it almost reminds me of a raisin bread but with savory overtones. It doesn't scream," Sweet Potato!" but the bread is flavorful. Texture-wise, it's nicely chewy and browns up nicely when toasted. The crust could be a bit more crunchy but when toasted, it becomes quite nice. 

So far, I've enjoyed it toasted with butter, as a cheese toasty with grated Pecorino Romano and black pepper:

IMG_1688.thumb.jpeg.8658c5634592e55b72fc3c5ef5366d04.jpeg

and also as an open-faced chicken sandwich - lightly toasted bread, mayo and meat from a CSO-roasted chicken thigh. I've enjoyed them all so far. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 hours ago, heidih said:

@blue_dolphin  Totally get the frustration but how was the taste and texture  

I love caramelized onions but they are also quite sweet so I'd say it almost reminds me of a raisin bread but with savory overtones. It doesn't scream," Sweet Potato!" but the bread is flavorful. Texture-wise, it's nicely chewy and browns up nicely when toasted. The crust could be a bit crunchy but when toasted, it becomes quite nice. 

So far, I've enjoyed it toasted with butter, as a cheese toasty with grated Pecorino Romano and black pepper:

IMG_1688.thumb.jpeg.8658c5634592e55b72fc3c5ef5366d04.jpeg

and also as an open-faced chicken sandwich - lightly toasted bread, mayo and meat from a CSO-roasted chicken thigh. I've enjoyed them all so far.