• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@MetsFan5, I agree with @Shelby that most of the recipes don't have a super high degree of difficulty. I recommend you peruse the chapters about in-season produce you especially like.

i liked all the salads I've tried.  The one with blueberries and cucumber was interesting, pretty and tasty.

There are a number of multi-part recipes, so read them over carefully.  For example, the scallops with cocktail tomatoes that Shelby recently made requires you to make the tomatoes at least a week ahead and also requires a batch of grits. 

Recipes for preserved items like those tomatoes often make far more than needed for a single recipe.  You can easily make smaller batches if you want.

i look forward to hearing about what you try!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@MetsFan5, I agree with @Shelby that most of the recipes don't have a super high degree of difficulty. I recommend you peruse the chapters about in-season produce you especially like.

There are a number of multi-part recipes, so read them over carefully.  For example, the scallops with cocktail tomatoes that Shelby recently made requires you to make the tomatoes at least a week ahead and also requires a batch of grits.