• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

21 hours ago, Shelby said:

You must be my twin.  I read like that, too.  I get lost in books.  Two hours feels like two minutes when I'm reading.

You will not regret buying this book.  Like @rotuts said, it's the best cookbook I've ever read.

Well, besides the White Trash cookbooks.......:P

Me too. I always re-read my books too, often up to 10 times. I bought my husband all of Bourdain's books for Christmas but he hasn't touched them yet. Bummer. 

Does anyone recommend easy recipes to start with for someone who isn't an intuitive cook? 

The book just came and it is HEAVY! But gorgeous. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

20 hours ago, Shelby said:

You must be my twin.  I read like that, too.  I get lost in books.  Two hours feels like two minutes when I'm reading.

You will not regret buying this book.  Like @rotuts said, it's the best cookbook I've ever read.

Well, besides the White Trash cookbooks.......:P

Me yoo. I always re-read my books too, often up to 10 times. I bought my husband all of Bourdain's books for Christmas but he hasn't touched them yet. Bummer. 

Does anyone recommend easy recipes to start with for someone who isn't an intuitive cook?