• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Cumin-Crusted Pork Belly with Sweet and Sour Beet Bottoms and Tops:

IMG_4492.thumb.jpg.b347c5bfb08170407d4a3c9075d93d50.jpg

Great combination of flavors here with the cumin-cardamon-mustard seasoning on the pork, garlicky, slightly bitter and astringent greens and sweet/sour orange-glazed beet roots.

At first bite, I thought the beet roots were awfully sweet but they grew on me over the course of the meal.  Still, when I make it again (and I will) I'll probably use 1/3 to 1/2 of the amount of honey specified, depending on the sweetness of the oranges.  Today, I used some very sweet cara cara oranges.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Cumin-Crusted Pork Belly with Sweet and Sour Beet Bottoms and Tops:

58b651784d851_IMG_4494(1).thumb.jpg.984a0d9d32f23237f9eae6504859bbc0.jpg

Great combination of flavors here with the cumin-cardamon-mustard seasoning on the pork, garlicky, slightly bitter and astringent greens and sweet/sour orange-glazed beet roots.

At first bite, I thought the beet roots were awfully sweet but they grew on me over the course of the meal.  Still, when I make it again (and I will) I'll probably use 1/3 to 1/2 of the amount of honey specified, depending on the sweetness of the oranges.  Today, I used some very sweet cara cara oranges.