• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Flavor shots for hot beverages

TeraMisu

I brew coffee, tea and cocoa beans.

Seeking suggestions on suppliers of quality flavorings - examples:  almond, vanilla, mint. caramel, coconut, pineapple etc.

Most of what I find has an overwhelming taste of alcohol, glycerin or artificial flavorings or sweeteners - or just plainly too much sweet, not much added flavor....really not crazy about anything too sweet.

Can anyone make any recommendations? perhaps part of the problem is most of what I find is intended to flavor either baked goods or snowcones! LOL thank you.

Are you looking for home use, or commercial use?

For home use, you can make a wide variety of syrups or liqueurs. They just won't have the shelf life of commercial products -but they'll taste great. Caramel in particular is super easy to make into a syrup, just caramelize some sugar then crush and add to water and cook a little while, in simple syrup proportions.

If you're looking for commercial use, try Amoretti. They are based in California and they are very helpful and offer a wide variety of flavoring options - for hot/cold beverages, baked goods.....  You can buy by the ounce or the barrel.  We use some of their compounds and I've been very pleased with what I've tried.  It might be an option for you.  I've heard they are moving toward serving the consumer market as well in the future; perhaps in the new year.

• Like 2