• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

liuzhou

Dinner 2016 (Part 11)

637 posts in this topic

Thai coconut cream based curry with sweet potato, soft silken tofu, chili peppers, chickpeas.

20160206_140652.jpg20161210_131448.jpg

The picture I took was really out of focus, so this is a pic of the exact same dish from a while ago (looks pretty much the same, only that this time I chopped the cilantro).

I did got the picture of the curry paste ingredients right.

12 people like this

~ Shai N.

Silverbeet, potato and cheese pasties, with a salad. Followed by cherry and almond clafoutis.

IMG_3037.JPGIMG_3038.JPGIMG_3041.JPG

22 people like this

A no fuss Friday night quick dinner.

My Spanish Omelette.

IMG_20161210_194912.jpg

18 people like this

I want to call these char grilled oysters, but more accurately, they are NOLA char grilled style, broiled oysters, with hot bread for dippage and a little tortellini salad.

HC

IMG_0597.JPGIMG_0599.JPGIMG_0598.JPG

Edited by HungryChris (log)
18 people like this

Son posted a picture and recipe on face book called Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Soup. It has Italian sausage and spinach in it too. It sounded good to me so that was our dinner tonight.

DSCN3883.jpg

Edited by Norm Matthews (log)
13 people like this

Tonight was a burger and salad.  Made a quick pickle for the burger with part of a Persian cucumber. It really elevated the burger which didn't really need much 

image.jpeg

20 people like this

more clean out the freezer Sunday free for all...entree was roasted cod fillet with hoisin glaze. Sides included twice baked potato (Thanksgiving), spaghetti squash (pre-Thanksgiving) freshened up with some sauteed onion/garlic, stuffed red bell peppers (stuffing was rice/veg base and leftover from Jan.).

8 people like this

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

image.jpeg

SV'd  lamb chops, roasted potatoes, broccoli and carrots.  

16 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, Shelby said:

You're killing me.  

Not my intent, I assure you. I have been buying zucchini for months now, and you have been killing me with your endless harvest. Let's just call it even.

HC

3 people like this

27 minutes ago, HungryChris said:

Not my intent, I assure you. I have been buying zucchini for months now, and you have been killing me with your endless harvest. Let's just call it even.

HC

Killing me, too. I will happily deliver zucchini to you in exchange for oysters.

4 people like this

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

8 minutes ago, kayb said:

Killing me, too. I will happily deliver zucchini to you in exchange for oysters.

2 hours ago, Shelby said:

You're killing me.  

Boy, couldn't we all have one of the best pot luck weekends of all times! 

HC

4 people like this

Threw a 2-rib prime roast in a slow oven while we went for cake and ice-cream at our granddaughter's 2nd birthday. Yup...dessert first:)
Also did up a foil pack of baby taters, carrots and celery ( I REALLY like roasted celery!) Made gravy with frozen green peppercorns and drippings.

Roast Beef & Peppercorn Gravy0012.jpg

24 people like this

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Ramen Noodle Carbonara w/ Alba Truffles

30744467714_894071a0f2_o.jpg

17 people like this

Its good to have Morels

Not much can beat a good sheperd's pie in my books.  Did I spot some ground lamb in my freezer the other day? Hmmmm

5 people like this

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

My 2004 eG Blog

Salt and pepper squid with chilli sauce, flat chips and salad.

IMG_3044.JPG

15 people like this

Flat chips?  Only in Australia you say? xDxD

2 people like this

My 2004 eG Blog

When I was a kid, my mother called those "dollar fries" because they supposedly resembled silver dollars. That was in the days before the loonie, y'understand. 

2 people like this

Fat=flavor

Lamb chops with roasted carrots.

image.jpg

16 people like this

Can't bring myself to post a photo but it tasted so much better than it looked. Leftover lamb chop and two purees -- broccoli and carrot. I have probably puréed vegetables (not counting mashed potatoes) fewer times than I have fingers on one hand.  I was inspired by @liuzhou's broccoli puree posted recently.  I must say it's a technique I will be using more often.   Now if only I could make it photogenic. 

Edited by Anna N (log)
12 people like this

My 2004 eG Blog