• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2016 (Part 11)

liuzhou

Thai coconut cream based curry with sweet potato, soft silken tofu, chili peppers, chickpeas.

20160206_140652.jpg20161210_131448.jpg

The picture I took was really out of focus, so this is a pic of the exact same dish from a while ago (looks pretty much the same, only that this time I chopped the cilantro).

I did got the picture of the curry paste ingredients right.

• Like 12

~ Shai N.

20 minutes ago, HungryChris said:

I want to call these char grilled oysters, but more accurately, they are NOLA char grilled style, broiled oysters, with hot bread for dippage and a little tortellini salad.

HC

IMG_0597.JPGIMG_0599.JPGIMG_0598.JPG

You're killing me.  

• Like 1

more clean out the freezer Sunday free for all...entree was roasted cod fillet with hoisin glaze. Sides included twice baked potato (Thanksgiving), spaghetti squash (pre-Thanksgiving) freshened up with some sauteed onion/garlic, stuffed red bell peppers (stuffing was rice/veg base and leftover from Jan.).

• Like 8

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

image.jpeg

SV'd  lamb chops, roasted potatoes, broccoli and carrots.  

• Like 16

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

27 minutes ago, HungryChris said:

Not my intent, I assure you. I have been buying zucchini for months now, and you have been killing me with your endless harvest. Let's just call it even.

HC

Killing me, too. I will happily deliver zucchini to you in exchange for oysters.

• Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Threw a 2-rib prime roast in a slow oven while we went for cake and ice-cream at our granddaughter's 2nd birthday. Yup...dessert first:)
Also did up a foil pack of baby taters, carrots and celery ( I REALLY like roasted celery!) Made gravy with frozen green peppercorns and drippings.

Roast Beef & Peppercorn Gravy0012.jpg

• Like 24

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Not much can beat a good sheperd's pie in my books.  Did I spot some ground lamb in my freezer the other day? Hmmmm

• Like 5

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Flat chips?  Only in Australia you say? xDxD

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

When I was a kid, my mother called those "dollar fries" because they supposedly resembled silver dollars. That was in the days before the loonie, y'understand. 

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Can't bring myself to post a photo but it tasted so much better than it looked. Leftover lamb chop and two purees -- broccoli and carrot. I have probably puréed vegetables (not counting mashed potatoes) fewer times than I have fingers on one hand.  I was inspired by @liuzhou's broccoli puree posted recently.  I must say it's a technique I will be using more often.   Now if only I could make it photogenic. 

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 12

My 2004 eG Blog