• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Homemade sagnarelli pasta with a vegetarian Bolognese style sauce, with mushrooms, sofrito, eggplant, tomatoes (probably the last non-cherry I'll have until next season) and a few chickpeas. Browned, deglazed, then pressure cooked with spices and herbs.

It doesn't taste like, neither should it taste like, ragu Bolognese, but it is very tasty. The various veggies give it a pleasant texture and it does hit many of the same hearty notes. 

Based, but highly modified, on this recipe by Kenji of SE.

20161213_204847.jpg

I almost forgot the grating of parmesan!

shain

shain

Homemade sagnarelli pasta with a vegetarian Bolognese style sauce, with mushrooms, sofrito, eggplant, tomatoes (probably the last non-cherry I'll have until next season) and a few chickpeas. Browned, deglazed, then pressure cooked with spices and herbs.

It doesn't taste like, neither should it taste like, ragu Bolognese, but it is very tasty. The various veggies give it a pleasant texture and it does hit many of the same hearty notes. 

Based, but highly modified, on this recipe buy Kenji of SE.

20161213_204847.jpg

I almost forgot the grating of parmesan!

shain

shain

It doesn't taste like, neither should it taste like, ragu Bolognese, but it is very tasty.

20161213_204847.jpg