• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Suggestions

Should not have left this so late - but @Alleguedeand I are about to get on a plane to Seattle.

Not sure how many meals we will be looking for - but welcome any and all suggestions for good places to eat!

Eater 38 is always a reputable list. I wish I could help but don't really go out to restaurants much anymore except for the occasional pho or burrito. 

Where are are you staying?  Anything in particular you can't get enough of at home?  Will you have a car or relying on bus/taxi/uber?

On West Lynn st not too far from the venue.

Likeky Uber to get around. No specifics I've been craving but I'm trying to keep the carbs down

12 minutes ago, FrogPrincesse said:

Seattle is in California now? :D

Here are a few ideas.

Thanks for that! I think there is one big catagory for California and the pacific NW unless I screwed up - it was about 5 am when I posted and I got up at 3:30

1 minute ago, FrogPrincesse said:

Understandable. :)

There is actually a separate Pacific Northwest forum where you will find all the suggestions.

My bad - shall go find it

Our favorites in Seattle are How to Cook a Wolf (which is just blocks from where you are staying on Lynn St) and Manolin, which is less than 10 min away by Uber. The photos on Yelp will give you a better sense of the food than my description would.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

No specifics I've been craving but I'm trying to keep the carbs down

I don't know what food vendors will be at the Fest so I'd bring lunch.  Trader Joe's on upper QA Ave  for snacks and Metropolitan Market at the base of the hill (South side, towards downtown) has a poke' bar and high quality prepared foods and groceries.

Also upper QA, though opposite ends, Via Tribunali is excellent pizza and the Mezcaleria is pretty good Mexican food. 

I saw that you tried Manolin. I hope that you enjoyed it. In fact, it looked like you ordered a number of the same things that we had our on our last visit. Regardless of what you thought of Manolin, keep How to Cook a Wolf in mind. Ethan Stowell is a local favorite for Seattleites and I think this is his best restaurant. In fact, we liked it so much that I proposed to my wife there.

Another thought that occurred to me for a more 'of the place' feel is Matt's in the Market just above Pike's Place Market. The food is good and it is a nice space with large windows that look right out at the neon market sign.