• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

there are threads about subscription menu's fresh food sent to you to prepare    there are various  FastFood outlet threads.

Ill offer  Supermarket Made-in-their-Kitchen offerings that a few of my local supermarket offer.  As far as i can tell , one local family owned chain  ( RocheBros )

offers something new ( to my eye at least ):  fresh packed dinners / veg  you either microwave  or bake in your own oven.

here are various prepared foods  both dinners and individual items this store offers :

M1.jpg

individual dinners you heat up are on the two middle shelves.   the Turkey dinner I sometimes buy is one shelf up  third item from the L or 4th from the R.  its quite good

M2.jpg

the other side of this counter.  everything made in this store.

Ala1.jpg

this is the individual selection area of stuff they make.   this is more expensive than the packages stuff in the first pics. this is a cold case

H1.jpg

they have a weekly rotating hot selection around the corner from the chilled foods you've just seen.  its early in the day and they only have the hot sides out.   they have

2 - 4 hot entrees   that are sold by the lbs and 2 - 3 items they carve to order  :  turkey breast some days , meat loaf  , a roast.  again similar prices to the chilled items 

sold a la carte

this is what i find interesting and is brand new here :

CR 1.jpg

CR 2.jpg

CR 3.jpg

the items you see above are in oven / microwave safe packs.    you follow the instructions for oven or microwave and it cooks at home. they are seasoned.  some have

pats of butter in the packs.

in the first of these three pics there are Oven/Bake roasts and a stew   they take several hours in your oven.

ive only gotten the individual turkey dinner that gets heated up ( carefully ) in the microwave.

but the micro-bag  or oven bag  items are very intriguing      someone is thinking outside of the box.

of course its easy to Poo-Poo this sort of food.  but its a lot better than fast food or take out Id bet   and all the above is made or assembled in this store.

I find ideas like this very interesting.

rotuts

rotuts

there are threads about subscription menu's fresh food sent to you to prepare    there are various  FastFood outlet threads.

Ill offer  Supermarket Made-in-their-Kitchen offerings that a few of my local supermarket offer.  As far as i can tell , one local family owned chain  ( RocheBros )

offers something new ( to my eye at least ):  fresh packed dinners / veg  you either microwave  or bake in your own oven.

here are various prepared foods  both dinners and individual items this store offers :

M1.jpg

individual dinners you heat up are on the two middle shelves.   the Turkey dinner I sometimes buy is one shelf up  third item from the L or 4th from the R.  its quite good

M2.jpg

the other side of this counter.  everything made in this store.

Ala1.jpg

this is the individual selection area of stuff they make.   this is more expensive than the packages stuff in the first pics

H1.jpg

they have a weekly rotating hot selection around the corner from the chilled foods you've just seen.  its early in the day and they only have the hot sides out.   they have

2 - 4 hot entrees   that are sold by the lbs and 2 - 3 items they carve to order  :  turkey breast some days , meat loaf  , a roast.  again similar prices to the chilled items 

sold a la carte

this is what i find interesting and is brand new here :

CR 1.jpg

CR 2.jpg

CR 3.jpg

the items you see above are in oven / microwave safe packs.    you follow the instructions for oven or microwave and it cooks at home.

in the first of these three pics there are Oven/Bake roasts and a stew   they take several hours in your oven.

ive only gotten the individual turkey dinner that gets heated up ( carefully ) in the microwave.

but the micro-bag  or oven bag  items are very intriguing      someone is thinking outside of the box.

of course its easy to Poo-Poo this sort of food.  but its a lot better than fast food or take out Id bet   and all the above is made or assembled in this store.

I find ideas like this very interesting.