• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I am baffled by this topic. You say "we" (whoever "we" are) are already in commercial production, but you seem to know little about hummus.

Now you expect someone to give you the secret of long life hummus. As @Nicolai rightly points out, such knowledge would be an asset to any commercial producer. Why would they give it to you, a competitor, for free?

Anyway, I don't want to eat two week or longer old hummus. Why not go for promoting yourselves on the freshness of your produce, once you learn to make it?

I, too would like to know your current process. Do you make your own tahini? If not, why not? I note you say virgin oil. Hopefully virgin olive oil. Why water and citric acid? And yes, the omission of garlic is worrying, unless you just forget to mention it.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I am baffled by this topic. You say "we" (whoever "we" are) are already in commercial production, but you seem to know little about hummus.

Now you expect someone to give you the secret of long life hummus. As @Nicolai rightly points out, such knowledge would be an asset to any commercial producer. Why would they give it to you, a competitor, for free?

Anyway, I don't want to eat two week or longer old hummus. Why not go for promoting yourselves on the freshness of your produce, once you learn to make it?

I, too would like to know your current process. Do you make your own tahini? If not, why not? I note you say virgin oil. Hopefully virgin olive oil. Why water and citric acid?

liuzhou

liuzhou

I am baffled by this topic. You say "we" (whoever we are) are already in commercial production, but you seem to know little about hummus.

I, too would like to know your current process. Do you make your own tahini? If not, why not? I note you say virgin oil. Hopefully virgin olive oil. Why water and citric acid?

liuzhou

liuzhou

I am baffled by this topic. You say "we" (whoever we are) are already in commercial production, but you seem to know little about hummus.

Anyway, I don't want to eat two week old hummus. Why not go for promoting yourselves on the freshness of your produce, once you learn to make it?