• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

On November 7, 2016 at 10:48 AM, btbyrd said:

Jaccard tenderizers are relatively cheap and are a great gift for anyone who cooks a lot of meat.

Michael Ruhlman has a collection of kitchen stuff that's pretty solid and usually goes on sale around the holidays. The "bad ass egg spoon" is great, and not just for eggs. It's my go-to slotted spoon. 

I have the mixed-size set of offset spoons (basting spoon and two larger serving spoons) and like them as well. I also have the straining cloths (which are great) but they're apparently out of stock and have been for some time.

The Acaia wood paddles and the meat mallet are on my "buy next" list. Just waiting for a coupon code...

image.jpeg

Was not sure where to post this. I might consider it a very late Christmas present or a somewhat early and platonic Valentine gift.  Now I feel all that I really need is a gold plated, velvet lined utensil holder for them.   They really are quite beautiful and the egg spoon is a thing of beauty that seems perfect for the job.   Life is good.  I had no idea it was possible to be this excited about a bunch of spoons. But I am. xD

Anna N

Anna N

On November 7, 2016 at 10:48 AM, btbyrd said:

Jaccard tenderizers are relatively cheap and are a great gift for anyone who cooks a lot of meat.

Michael Ruhlman has a collection of kitchen stuff that's pretty solid and usually goes on sale around the holidays. The "bad ass egg spoon" is great, and not just for eggs. It's my go-to slotted spoon. 

I have the mixed-size set of offset spoons (basting spoon and two larger serving spoons) and like them as well. I also have the straining cloths (which are great) but they're apparently out of stock and have been for some time.

The Acaia wood paddles and the meat mallet are on my "buy next" list. Just waiting for a coupon code...

image.jpeg

Was not sure where to post this. I might consider it a very late Christmas present or a somewhat early and platonic Valentine gift.  Now I feel all the time really need is a gold plated, velvet lined utensil holder for them.   They really are quite beautiful and the egg spoon is a thing of beauty that seems perfect for the job.   Life is good.  I had no idea it was possible to be this excited about a bunch of spoons. But I am. xD