• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

More Blue Smokes?

Danny-

Thanks for your time- it's a great opportunity for us to ask some questions.

A number of things about Blue Smoke make it seem "replicable"- the items (sauces, t-shirts, etc.) for sale, the accessible graphics, the geographically generic name (as opposed to your other restaurants), and the terrific web site, to name a few.

Is this a concept you'd like to roll out to other locations? If so, NYC, or elsewhere?

I eat lunch at Blue Smoke regularly and have seen significant improvement in all aspects of the restaurant-

nice work!

Cheers,

Charles

Thank you for your loyalty to Blue Smoke!

After USC, GT, and EMP -- Tabla and Blue Smoke became the first two restaurants we've ever done that weren't pinned to a park or a specific neighborhood. In each case, a lot of people have asked if we'd ever consider doing another one.

So far, my greatest joy has come from creating something brand new each time. I also love the process of refining something, and truly imbuing it with soul. That takes lots of time. You need to work at it, listen to your guests, work at some more, hire stronger staff members, work at it, listen, etc., etc.

I'm not sure if we'd ever do another Blue Smoke, but you're correct that of all our restaurants, it would be a decent candidate.