• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yard Sale, Thrift Store, Junk Heap Shopping (Part 3)

Tere

25 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Smithy

Nice !

have you plugged it in ?

just checking.

that's a fine find.

enjoy !

@rotuts, that's a fine suggestion and I thank you for it. I just opened it up and plugged it in. It started warming up, and judging by the smell I'd say it's never been used! Reminds me of the smell of a clothes iron (remember those?) heating up. I played around with the controls a bit, then read the instructions.

20240217_133915.jpg

The instructions say clearly that the metal cover gets very hot, and not to touch it until it cools down! I looked at the wooden cutting board holding the panini press...and turned it off. I'll use it atop a less scorchable surface.

All the instructions as well as the cleaning tool came with it. I especially like the instruction book, which has operating instructions at the front end and, if you flip it over, recipes at the back end.

20240217_134055.jpg

20240217_134658.jpg

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I also spotted and purchased these canning springs. $0.50 for the pair! I'll post more about them in the Preservation topic, when I get around to using them.

20240217_133744.jpg

• Like 3

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown