• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Fixed a typo

Today I picked up these three books for the sum total of $6.90. The Baking one on the right is a William's-Sonomo book.  The Whole Grain Bread is interesting in that each recipe is for three sizes of bread - a sampler loaf, a regular loaf and a large loaf.  Each recipe  has instructions for making it by hand, a heavy-duty mixer, food processor or bread machine. The third book, Bread Making Machine, gives instructions for each recipe for the 12 most common bread machines.  That book has 75 recipes in it.  I haven't had time to give them a good look but in the case of the last book, I will likely just photocopy the recipes I want and give it back to the thrift store for recycling.  There is, for me, a lot of dead space in that one.

20180907_163952.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Today I picked up these three books for the sum total of $6.90. The Baking one on the right is a William's-Sonomo book.  The Whold Grain Bread is interesting in that each recipe is for three sizes of bread - a sampler loaf, a regular loaf and a large loaf.  Each recipe  has instructions for making it by hand, a heavy-duty mixer, food processor or bread machine. The third book, Bread Making Machine, gives instructions for each recipe for the 12 most common bread machines.  That book has 75 recipes in it.  I haven't had time to give them a good look but in the case of the last book, I will likely just photocopy the recipes I want and give it back to the thrift store for recycling.  There is, for me, a lot of dead space in that one.

20180907_163952.jpg