• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CentralMA

CentralMA

Estate sale not far from my home, started at 8:00AM, I didn't get there until 11:00AM. Was unaware it was going to happen.

Found these though, total of $4.50. The knives are Henckles, older handle style. 5.5" boning, appears to have never been used, and a 160mm (6") chefs utility, needs some work. 

The julep spoon is nothing special, stainless, but I don't have one in my bar arsenal. And the bottle opener is stainless with embossing and a sleek teak backside. Imprinted "PLAYBOY" on the head. I couldn't resist.

Thinking of visiting the knife lady in the Boston area next week to get it back in shape, and to see if my retirement has a knife sharpening business in it's future. Should be $10 well spent, and I've got a couple of 50 year old Sabatier carbon steel knives that need severe attention that I can bring along also.

http://www.ontheedgeknifesharpening.com

claridgedrive.jpg

CentralMA

CentralMA

Estate sale not far from my home, started at 8:00AM, I didn't get there until 11:00AM. Was unaware it was going to happen.

Found these though, total of $4.50. The knives are Henckles, older handle style. 5.5" boning, appears to have never been used, and a 160mm (6") chefs utility, needs some work. 

The julep spoon is nothing special, stainless, but I don't have one in my bar arsenal. And the bottle opener is stainless with embossing and a sleek teak backside. Imprinted "PLAYBOY" on the head. I couldn't resist.

Thinking of visiting the knife lady in the Boston area next week to get it back in shape, and to see if my retirement has a knife sharpening business in it's future. Should be $10 well spent, and I've got a couple of carbon steel knives that need severe attention that I can bring along also.

http://www.ontheedgeknifesharpening.com

claridgedrive.jpg