• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

16 hours ago, Porthos said:

Here's the link  to the recipe in andie's blog.

If you follow my directions to sprinkle sugar (I buy the granulated Maple sugar) on the "raw" surface while the first side is grilling, when you turn it over, that stuff caramelizes into a crisp sugar crust and that is the presentation side.  I have never been able to describe it perfectly.   It is like a burnt-sugar lacy coating that has so many flavors, it is difficult to describe.

andiesenji

andiesenji

16 hours ago, Porthos said:

Here's the link  to the recipe in andie's blog.

If you follow my directions to sprinkle sugar (I buy the granulated Maple sugar on the "raw" surface while the first side is grilling, when you turn it over, that stuff caramelizes into a crisp sugar crust and that is the presentation side.  I have never been able to describe it perfectly.   It is like a burnt-sugar lacy coating that has so many flavors, it is difficult to describe.