• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

I actually have something to post.  Since I was on my own this afternoon,I decided to see what the thrift shops in my area had to offer.  I went to three of them, and left empty-handed from the first.  At the second I spotted this Riedel glass which matches what we have.  At 99 cents, I snapped it up.  Sadly, they only had the one.  At the third I bought three books which set me back a total of $3.33.  

A bit of a story about the Canlit book.  I used to have it but had to purge my books when we moved and that was one of them.   I took the two recipes I knew I absolutely wanted (nanaimo bars and date squares) and saved them to Evernote.  I am throwing a birthday party on the 13th and thought I would make the Nanaimo bars from the recipe from that book except I can't find it.  The one for the date squares I had but not the other.  So it was serendipity when I found the book today. And now,  there will be date squares!

20170502_174008.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

I actually have something to post.  Since I was on my own this afternoon,I decided to see what the thrift shops in my area had to offer.  I went to three of them, and left empty-handed from the first.  At the second I spotted this Riedel glass which matches what we have.  At 99 cents, I snapped it up.  Sadly, they only had the one.  At the third I bought three books which set me back a total of $3.33.  

A bit of a story about the Canlit book.  I used to have it but had to purge my books when we moved and that was one of them.   I took the two recipes I knew I absolutely wanted (nanaimo bars and date squares) and saved them to Evernote.  I am throwing a birthday party on the 13th and thought I would make the Nanaimo bars from the recipe from that book except I can't find it.  The one for the date squares I had but not the other.  So it was serendipity when I found it today. And now,  there will be date squares!

20170502_174008.jpg