• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

On 11/11/2016 at 6:14 PM, Porthos said:

My DW has already shown interest in this knife for her knife block. Yes, we have 2 knife blocks in our kitchen.

My estimate was correct. I normally can put a new edge on a knife in about 15 minutes. I had guessed that this Wusthof would take about a half an hour**, which it did. It is now in my DW's knife block. A $60 knife for $2.00 and a little labor. You betcha!

@JoNorvelleWalker What about the bolster do you not care for?

** There was no discernible bevel to the naked eye.  (edited to add this)

Porthos

Porthos

On 11/11/2016 at 6:14 PM, Porthos said:

My DW has already shown interest in this knife for her knife block. Yes, we have 2 knife blocks in our kitchen.

My estimate was correct. I normally can put a new edge on a knife in about 15 minutes. I had guessed that this Wusthof would take about a half an hour, which it did. It is now in my DW's knife block. A $60 knife for $2.00 and a little labor. You betcha!

@JoNorvelleWalker What about the bolster do you not care for?