• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kerry Beal

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

@gfweb this was online, a couple of nights ago.

Online is a big place.

What website?

so he says now !

it would take me hours to check off all that stuff

OK 15 minutes 

Unknown-1.jpeg.7b3ac69ea87c9a9f74a23c54d82afd4a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Heads up for Costco members.  Got a pamphlet in the mail regarding upcoming sales on holiday foods.

Going on sale beginning Oct 28th-Nov 21.  Online Only.

D’Artagnan Ultimate Steak Lovers Gift Box, 4.25 lbs.  Contents.

Will be $40 off beginning Oct 28th.

Fratelli Beretta Mt Olive Prosciutto Leg Kit, 12 lbs leg. Contents.

Will be $50 off beginning Oct 28th.

There's also A5 Wagyu roast at $280 off reg price and D'Artagnan Serrano Ham at $50 off, Osetra caviar listed as being $50 off.  So if interested, check the Costco website on the 28th for all the offerings.

Edited by lemniscate pricing correction (log)
  • Thanks 2

The steak package appears to be a regular listing on costco.com.  Sadly, it does not appear to be something costco.ca carries.  If they did, I might be tempted to order it at the sale price.

17 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Sadly, it does not appear to be something costco.ca carries.

Sorry .ca folks, I should have specified US based pamphlet.  

• Like 1

Canadian Tire - 

dbe9d945-c.gif Upcoming Deals
dbe9d945-c.gif
dbe9d945-c.gif Dear Customer,
As an exclusive member of my Canadian Tire, you are receiving advance notice of sale pricing on products you flagged for Sale Alerts.
dbe9d945-c.gif
dbe9d945-c.gif
dbe9d945-c.gif dbe9d945-c.gif Product Description dbe9d945-c.gif Price dbe9d945-c.gif
dbe9d945-c.gif
0430051_1?$medium$&defaultImage=image_na_EN dbe9d945-c.gif

Philips® Avance Smokeless BBQ-Grill  
PRODUCT #0430051

Philips® Avance Smokeless BBQ-Grill uses advanced infrared heat technology that ensures up to 80% less smoke and minimal splatter ...

21abfb94-a.gif
dbe9d945-c.gif Sale: $299.99  
Reg: $399.99  
Save 25%  

Sale Dates:
Nov 1 - Nov 7

dbe9d945-c.gif
dbe9d945-c.gif
Prices and sale effective dates may vary by geographic region.
dbe9d945-c.gif More for you
dbe9d945-c.gif
aa342b22-e.gif dbe9d945-c.gif

Continue to work on your list. MyCanadianTire offers you a number of tools to help you stay connected. Sign in to your account to manage your alerts or to update any of your preferences.  MyCanadianTire

dbe9d945-c.gif
dbe9d945-c.gif
  • Like 1

Off course you blame Kerry.  If I end up with one I'll blame her too.  I just read the thread and see that I commented on it at the time.  I had forgotten about that.  I really, really, don't need another toy.  I did forward the link to John because, well, Christmas is coming.  

• Like 2

TJ Maxx has a bunch of le Creuset stuff on sale cheap. eg $7 for a small casserole dish

4 hours ago, gfweb said:

TJ Maxx has a bunch of le Creuset stuff on sale cheap. eg $7 for a small casserole dish

I'd wonder if it's counterfeit.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I'd wonder if it's counterfeit.

They aren't big. The larger dish was $16.

Knife is an 8" blade for scale

001.thumb.JPG.a812f397d4f276970a0656bc1ed15194.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gfweb said:

They aren't big. The larger dish was $16.

Knife is an 8" blade for scale

001.thumb.JPG.a812f397d4f276970a0656bc1ed15194.JPG

They fit on the counter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But seriously famous name cookware at closeout discounter places makes me quite suspicious.  Note I am not suggesting the store is intentionally selling counterfeit merchandise.

Spent part of today at Canadian Tire admiring the Phillip's Infrared Grill.  I came home and looked into it some more.  Does anyone besides @JoNorvelleWalker have one?  Amazon has it on sale for $279 and they re throwing in a cleaning gadget.  This year  I've already bought the  Control Freak and a back-up CSO.  @rotuts and @Shelby insisted. I'm not sure I should be buying anything else.  I sure do miss the toys I had at the house - the Weber gasser, The Big Green Egg, my electric smoker, my Weber charcoal grill.  Maybe I wouldn't  miss them so much if I had the Phillip's Grill.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Spent part of today at Canadian Tire admiring the Phillip's Infrared Grill.  I came home and looked into it some more.  Does anyone besides @JoNorvelleWalker have one?  Amazon has it on sale for $279 and they re throwing in a cleaning gadget.  This year  I've already bought the  Control Freak and a back-up CSO.  @rotuts and @Shelby insisted. I'm not sure I should be buying anything else.  I sure do miss the toys I had at the house - the Weber gasser, The Big Green Egg, my electric smoker, my Weber charcoal grill.  Maybe I wouldn't  miss them so much if I had the Phillip's Grill.

And that's how it starts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/158072-philips-avance-grill/?do=findComment&comment=2194843

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

But seriously famous name cookware at closeout discounter places makes me quite suspicious.  Note I am not suggesting the store is intentionally selling counterfeit merchandise.

I find stuff like this there a lot. It’s a reputable outfit. I think it’s ok

18 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I find stuff like this there a lot. It’s a reputable outfit. I think it’s ok

The store indeed may be reputable but are it's suppliers?  Some while ago I read something, probably either in the NY Times or WSJ, about counterfeits in discount stores that buy this type of merchandise.

But I am old and may be confused, so carry on.

• Haha 2