• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kerry Beal

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Another World Market deal, looks like pickup in store only, out of stock online, is two kinds of Italian canned tomatoes La Fiammante, I couldn't get the whole peeled ones locally, but got the diced ones for the pantry.  Anyone have experience with this brand? 

thank you re : World Market

there is one very near me !

didn't know anything about it

will check it out after the heat Wave !

thanks again

On 6/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, tikidoc said:

I have several of their knives. Good quality, comfortable to hold (for me - I know this is a personal thing), good price.

It just came.  Nice knife!  Feels good in my hand.

• Like 1

Misen sale... 20% off

Code is July4

On 6/27/2019 at 7:48 PM, btbyrd said:

He has graced the forum before, but not in that uncommonly shaggy state. 😊

rebel_rib_roast.thumb.jpg.1f89785dd565bd1148836647805c6abd.jpg

Very long-lived Xmas tree.

• Haha 8

@curls

that's a fine price to get into milling @ home !

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I haven't purchased anything from Kerekes/Bake Deco for a few years but still get periodic emails with specials.

I know that some members use molds and etc.   I have always been very satisfied with their products. 

This special runs till August 1.  You just have to sign up for their email which arrive about every three months. to get a valid Promo Code.  

Edited by andiesenji (log)
  • Like 1

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

4 hours ago, andiesenji said:

I haven't purchased anything from Kerekes/Bake Deco for a few years but still get periodic emails with specials.

I know that some members use molds and etc.   I have always been very satisfied with their products. 

This special runs till August 1.  You just have to sign up for their email which arrive about every three months. to get a valid Promo Code.  

KEREKES/Bake Deco Supplies

Looks like the link is wrong, points back to eG.

7 hours ago, jbates said:

Looks like the link is wrong, points back to eG.

Sorry.  Try now.

• Like 1

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Costco online is having a sale for St. Michel La Grand Galette cookies.  4 boxes for the price of one elsewhere, tax and shipping included.   They are buttery, sweet but not overly so, salty but not overly so.  Good with tea, coffee, or cold, cold milk.  I suppose they would make a killer crust on a creamy dessert.   They have long shelf life due to the cracker like consistency.

The Instant Pot Ultra, 6 Quart size, has just dropped to $84.77 on Amazon (USA). This cooker, with its apparent fine-tune capability of temperature settings, would have been my preference over the more standard Instant Pot back when I was buying, but I thought the price too high. Now I'm not feeling flush enough to spring for it even at $85 - but it's a heck of a good price.

• Like 3

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown