• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

That's prettier-looking than it was on the website. The team effort has had a beautiful result!

• Like 6

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

@Toliver

nice

Esp. for our eG friends at altitude.

me :   I have the WorkHorse I use frequently

and a spare in a Box  " just in case "

I do note there are a few baskets that have been made for the iPot

and that is a key item to have :

not on sale 

but :

https://www.amazon.com/Hatrigo-Accessories-available-InstaPot-Pressure/dp/B07899VVBZ/ref=pd_sim_79_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07899VVBZ&pd_rd_r=VT7W5QFHQYC8BYK3AJ98&pd_rd_w=EquJ0&pd_rd_wg=WFYkp&psc=1&refRID=VT7W5QFHQYC8BYK3AJ98

and several others

Anova has a mothers day sale

an additional 20 % off the sale price w a code that can be used 3 times

so I got my spare BT for 87.20 delivered.

I guess you have to ask for an email or sighn up for their regular emails.

if someone wants and Anova and does not have the code

PM me.  its good for two more visits.  as far as I can tell

initial sale :

https://us.anovaculinary.com/?utm_source=Anova+Food+Nerd+Family&utm_campaign=bb874910c2-special_offer_mothers_day_2018_d01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0315742ebc-bb874910c2-105667581&goal=0_0315742ebc-bb874910c2-105667581&mc_cid=bb874910c2&mc_eid=ce98542659

then an additional 20 % off w code.   I think that's per order

the BT then comes in at $ 87.20 . free shipping   no tax  ( here )

first come , first served.

Edited by rotuts (log)

not S. of the Boarder

did the code come in an email and did it say it was good for 3 times ?

the initial sale price here for the BT is $ 109.   then 20 % off from that price.

Target dropped the price to 109 about a week ago , Amazon followed suit a few days after that

then this additional deal .

Edited by rotuts (log)

I did not get an e-mail from them.  This was just a 10% discount on their site.  I just signed up to receive their emails so I'll see if I get a 20% coupon.  I have looked at the anova from time to time as it is a lot smaller than the one I have, which is the Polyscience Professional.  It would be nice to use smaller pots.  How does the anova compare to the Joule?

for me the advantage is ease of use w/o software and a pod/paD/phone.

as a requirement

the BT will work from my iPod , which i set up for fun

but Im in the kitchen often enough for fluid-balance , etc

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

The aforementioned Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker has been further reduced in price.

It's now $99.96US...reduced for Mother's Day, perhaps?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Thanks all - I think - I have an Anova coming my way.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

23 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Was $179

That is a good price. I've been looking at the Nutrichef PKFD8 mainly because I'd like to have one I can dual-purpose as a cocoa butter/airbrush warmer. The Nutrichef isn't any more expensive than the Excalibur (normal price) and has a bottom temp of 84 degrees. Most others I've looked at, including Excalibur, have a bottom temp in the 95 - 105 range. I like the idea of having a little more low temp cushion. 

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Thermoworks announced a sitewide Spring Sale today: 15% off everything. 

• Like 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown