• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Kerry Beal

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

365 posts in this topic

Perhaps Amazon is reading this board...another couple of finds (fair warning...I am a US Prime Member so the price I quote is the price I see...YMMV):

ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00A1OZC6"Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction"ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00A1OZC6 $1.99US Kindle

"Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book: Recipes and Secrets from a Legendary Barbecue Joint"ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00486UEW $1.99US Kindle

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Posted (edited)

Found this by accident shopping for a new food processor today, Macy's has the Cusinart 11-cup Pro Custom food processor for 50% off with free shipping. Their price must be full MSRP at $189.99, but at 50% off it comes out to just over $100 shipped. Seems like a crazy good deal to me, but ends tonight.

Edited by Yiannos Price correction (log)

1 hour ago, kayb said:

More Amazon: Zuni Cafe Cookbook, $1.99.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFX1L0W/ref=pe_385040_118058080_TE_M1DP

At least, that's the US Prime price.

Wel, that was a no-brainer for me.  I like the hardbound book and have been considering buying the Kindle version for road trips, but didn't want to pay the standard price.  Thanks!

2 people like this

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

After waiting for over a month for the delivery of the Instant Pot Obsession cookbook from a private seller through Amazon, the order was finally cancelled.  I had to reorder from a different seller.  The book  finally arrived a couple of days ago.

I'm STILL waiting for the non-stick inner pot that I ordered at the end December.  It has not yet been shipped and the anticipated delivery is June 5-9!

Five months!

Edited by lindag (log)

1 hour ago, kayb said:

Psst...I posted this on the previous page.

As a couple of you have mentioned, I've also had some issues with third party sellers on Amazon. Amazon had better get a handle on their third party sellers quickly or their reputation will be heading downhill fast. 

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

After I posted that, I remembered some discussion of a Pepin book on sale recently; wasn't certain if it was that one. Sorry for the repeat.

I checked, and mine's been delivered, though. 

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

8 hours ago, lindag said:

After waiting for over a month for the delivery of the Instant Pot Obsession cookbook from a private seller through Amazon, the order was finally cancelled.  I had to reorder from a different seller. 

Right now, the Kindle version of this book is $2.99, at least for Prime members. (Disclosure: I live with the author.)

4 people like this

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

34 minutes ago, Dave the Cook said:

Right now, the Kindle version of this book is $2.99, at least for Prime members. (Disclosure: I live with the author.)

I now have another book on Kindle.  Looks good!  Thank you.

43 minutes ago, Dave the Cook said:

Oh, you are sooooo lucky!

America's Test Kitchen is taking 20% off a new model Thermapen until 11:59 Pacific time tonight. 

And thanks, Dave, I now have another book on Kindle, too!