• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

went to TJ's this AM

they open @ 8.

various parking lots full :

Staples , the local Maul , outdoor Maul w BestBuy  ( could not see if there was a line

Walmart.  no line @ TJ'S

the last time I did a BF store excursion

CDR's and then DVD-R's were free @ the three local Computer chains.

all of those gone , but I still have a few unopened containers of

CD-R's and DVD-R's   maybe 100 in each the various stacks.

do not miss it .

• Like 1

Can't speak for anyone else but, traffic overall today was rather low.  It was only worse at one point along a really busy street as we approached an outdoor mall which had the Petco I was going to.  Even at this outdoor mall however, parking was pretty easy and I parked pretty close to the Petco store (closer than I would on a normal weekday after lunch before school lets out at my local Walmart).

The stores I went to didn't have much foot traffic.  At Petco, both cashiers were idle and getting store help was easier than on a normal shopping day, even mid-week.  Lowes was really light too.  The parking lot seemed fuller than usual but parking wasn't bad and my checkout process actually was faster today than it was at any of my trips to Lowes in the past two weeks.

News reports locally say peoples spending is up overall but, the number of items purchased is down relatively significantly.  Foot traffic at the malls and other locations is up (post-COVID) but, purchases as noted previously haven't been as big as it has been in the past.  

The only thing related to this forum that caught my eye was the Staub 4qt Dutch Ovens on the Zwilling website for $99.  The tall 5qt version is $149 and available in limited colors.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 12:40 PM, lemniscate said:

No, $249 is the normal price.   $149 was the sale price, yesterday.   

Hmm, when I looked it was $249.  At $149 it would have hit my cart and been headed my way.  Wonder why I didn't get the sale price when I looked at it.

1 hour ago, Sid Post said:

Hmm, when I looked it was $249.  At $149 it would have hit my cart and been headed my way.  Wonder why I didn't get the sale price when I looked at it.

Contact @Pankaj, ask nicely, and see if you can't still get the discount.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

10 hours ago, Sid Post said:

I would sign up for email alerts from AfourBox, I guess.   That's how I saw the deal.  There's a click through link that preloaded the discount code for me.   

I believe these will go onsale again soon, seems like they do several sales per year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Distant Early Warning beginning 13Dec-24Dec for the Whole Foods 12 Days of Cheese sale 2022.   I usually try to get 3-4 of these if time and location allows.  

Thanks for the reminder!  Looks like they are offering the 30% off all 12 cheeses for all 12 days as they did last year instead of one per day. I much prefer that. 

• Like 1

It's almost too late for this to do anyone any good, but All-Clad is having their final factory seconds sale of the year. All of my All-Clad was bought as a factory second, and I've never been sorry.

All-Clad Factor Second Sale supposedly ends Dec 8.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thanks for the heads up Smithy! I finally picked up that All Clad quad waffle maker that I've had my eye on for the past few months. I used coupon code: SDADECVIP15 and saved 15% with free shipping. I don't know if the shipping was because of the coupon code or because of the item I ordered, but either way, I hope it saves someone money.

Edited by btbyrd (log)
  • Like 4

@Smithy — it seems to have "renewed" itself, this morning the countdown timer says 2 days 14 hours.

Being able to see everything on a single page is a huge help compared to previous sales!

Incidentally, the pair of oven mitts for $10 is excellent quality and good for folks with bigger hands. Still using mine from my cookware set purchased in 2003.

Edited by dtremit (log)
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, dtremit said:

@Smithy — it seems to have "renewed" itself, this morning the countdown timer says 2 days 14 hours.

Being able to see everything on a single page is a huge help compared to previous sales!

Incidentally, the pair of oven mitts for $10 is excellent quality and good for folks with bigger hands. Still using mine from my cookware set purchased in 2003.

I looked for those oven mitts and couldn't find them on either the sales site or the regular site.  Too bad, they would have been great for my husband as regular oven mitts are too small.  Do you know if I am looking for them in the wrong place?

Edited to add:  never mind, I found them.

Edited by ElsieD (log)

2 hours ago, TdeV said:

Ooh @Smithy, you enabler you! I am the proud possessor of a 5.5 Quart Dutch oven, as well as @dtremit's (and @ElsieD's) oven gloves. 🙄

Correction:  I ended up not buying them.  The sales price was nice but by the time I add shipping and convert all that to Cdn.$ I decided it wasn't worth it.

• Like 2