• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

5 hours ago, lemniscate said:

Costco.com (US) has a "While Supplies Last" online clearance area.  A true deal is a 3 pack of OXO softworks silicone turners .   I snagged a set and couldn't be happier.  If you are a Costco member, it's easy to order.

That is an excellent deal on excellent spatulas — I paid about that for just the large one recently. They are quite handy for use in nonstick pans, and well balanced enough that I often find myself reaching for them in other pans as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing better than one of the best nonstick pans we've tested is two of the best nonstick pans we've tested. Take advantage of this deal and get a two-pack of our top nonstick pan for less than the cost of one.

https://www.costco.com/tramontina-professional-10%22-restaurant-fry-pan%2c-nonstick-aluminum%2c-2-pk.product.100704252.html

Tramontina Professional 10" Restaurant Fry Pan, Nonstick Aluminum, 2 pk

Online Price36.99$   Less5.00$-

Your Price   31.99$     $5 OFF

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I just bought this pan.

I have an induction range and it is compatible.  

I had read that some of their stainless pans were warped upon arrival.

I checked mine as soon as I got it and it is perfect.

I'm pre-seasoning it now and am told if will be non-stick when finished.

I have high hopes.

• Like 1

Thermoworks is offering 20% off sitewide with code ShareBBQ.  Every grill girl needs a new thermocouple for spring.

In addition there is a generous quantity discount on the new Spot thermometers.  Nine colors!  Ask me how I know.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Gripstic has 25% off everything today only with the code DEALDAYS

I quite like these big handles for big bags of cat litter, pet food or garden stuff.  Rather overpriced for bits of plastic but they work well and are awfully handy - they seal the bags securely and make them very easy to haul around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, palo said:

Just so you know, these appear to be the  "1 MAN" series vs the higher quality "2 Man" series

I think at this point, the higher end 2-man lines are all branded "Zwilling" and the lower-end 1-man lines are all branded "Henckels."

5 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Gripstic has 25% off everything today only with the code DEALDAYS

I quite like these big handles for big bags of cat litter, pet food or garden stuff.  Rather overpriced for bits of plastic but they work well and are awfully handy - they seal the bags securely and make them very easy to haul around.

Here’s your enabler gold star ️. Got one set each of the purple, orange, and green. I couldn’t see where I would use the smaller or larger sizes.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DesertTinker said:

Here’s your enabler gold star ️. Got one set each of the purple, orange, and green. I couldn’t see where I would use the smaller or larger sizes.

I ordered another mixed set and an extra set of the little blue ones that I use a lot for spices that come in small bags. Also got another set of the big handles. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, weinoo said:

All Falk 15% off through Memorial Day.  Some even works on induction.  Copper lovers now is your chance.

I think I'll take the bait. I've had a saucier file going since 2018. DH is the sauces, grits, and polenta sous chef. Every time he sees one in use he wants one. We don't really need it but I'm sure he will treasure it. Lock-down was an eye opener in treasured past purchases we did not really need but have recent--past 5-6 years previous purchased, that we cherish. I think he will like the traditional classic 20cm and handle. 

I have a thin stainless architect ruler on my magnetic knife rack. Always checking sizes and rim edges, etc. The 'try me' is too small. And not on sale but I was not counting on a sale to purchase. Since 2020 I would find something then it would be out of stock. 

Edited by Annie_H (log)

10 hours ago, weinoo said:

All Falk 15% off through Memorial Day.  Some even works on induction.  Copper lovers now is your chance.

https://www.copperpans.com/

I'm still recovering from the Fissler sale and the Thermoworks sale.  My Thermoworks order arrived this afternoon!  (Sorry @weinoo if you have no use for thermometers.)

But that did not stop me from ordering a Falk 24cm rondeau.

Edited by JoNorvelleWalker
stupidity (log)
  • Like 1

Since no one has mentioned it, Rough Linen is having 15% off as well.  I keep telling myself I don't need another apron.

47 minutes ago, TdeV said:

I weigh water for the bread machine.

I weigh the water for my bread, and I weigh the cream and milk for ice cream.  I weigh my oat groats for oatmeal.  But for rice my Zojirushi is far smarter than I am.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Annie_H said:

Zwilling has the Staub 4 quart glass lid for 99$ free shipping. Staub 4 quart

Appears to be available elsewhere at that price (W-S, Saks, Amazon, etc) in case it's more convenient — it's the best price it's ever been on Amazon, though it has been on sale for that price a few times recently.

Weirdly the lowest price appears to be $84.99 at King Arthur Baking. Shipping brings it up to the same price as everywhere else, though.

Now if only they'd have a similar sale on the glass-lidded braiser...

32 minutes ago, dtremit said:

Appears to be available elsewhere at that price (W-S, Saks, Amazon, etc)

I noticed that as well. Food52 etc. Shipping is an issue. 

We are Staub stuffed. 6-7 years ago I started purchasing 2-3 pieces every cyber Monday. Taking my crappy misc Creuset to the beach house. 

During lock-down they offered the 4quart solid lid for 99$. I insisted my friends and co-workers that don't cook get it asap. (we had a cook-a-long and recipe share group). 

Then I started gifting family members. BIL and his wife just purchased a new home PNWest. I can ship direct to them. My SIL visited after her divorce and loved my baby grain pot. Sent her one. My most used pot and lives on the stovetop. She uses hers 2-3 times a week. I paid 79$ and tried to get another at 99$ but is quickly out of stock. (I travel with mine). 

I made a couple mistakes like a griddle with a long handle. Heavy, I dropped it and the handle snapped off. The handle was always in the way on the stovetop. Perfect now and fits in the oven,😜

• Like 1