• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

FYI on the Whole Foods 12 days of Cheese, in previous offerings it was 1 cheese per day (as I recall it), but this time all the 12 cheeses are available at the same time on special through the whole sale time.  I just bought 6 or 7 of the types today.  Saved a bunch of money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, palo said:

Anova is having a two day sale - up to 50% off + free shipping - includes APO

Sadly only 15% for the APO (which is slightly less than the discount last month).

Amazon appears to be matching the prices on the circulators, at least in the US.

33 minutes ago, rotuts said:

I was surprised their circulator's price has gone u[ considerably

but , improvements , etc .

I mean, the "standard" model (the Anova Precision Cooker) has gotten slightly better while staying at roughly the same price. 

I don't think the MSRP on the pro makes much sense, IMHO.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is not so much a sale announcement as what you might call an anti-sale.  Fissler USA notified me today that starting next month there will be a price increase.  I've oft maintained Fissler is the bargain of high end cookware.  I went on amazon and found a vendor selling pots below Fissler USA list prices.  I ordered the three Fissler pieces I'd been wanting for some time.

Until my tax refund, food to put in them may be in short supply.  But Eore like I can practice boiling water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

5 hours ago, DesertTinker said:

And R.G. bean cookery.🤣

Typically R.G. beans are prepared in one of my three Fissler pressure cookers.  At current pre-increase prices Fissler is still a bargain.  Their pressure cookers bring me joy.*

*Except for last time when I forgot to close the valve.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Typically R.G. beans are prepared in one of my three Fissler pressure cookers.  At current pre-increase prices Fissler is still a bargain.  Their pressure cookers bring me joy.*

*Except for last time when I forgot to close the valve.

Also 🤣. I think at some point everyone forgets a step, eventually!

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 10:21 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

This is not so much a sale announcement as what you might call an anti-sale.  Fissler USA notified me today that starting next month there will be a price increase.  I've oft maintained Fissler is the bargain of high end cookware.  I went on amazon and found a vendor selling pots below Fissler USA list prices.  I ordered the three Fissler pieces I'd been wanting for some time.

Until my tax refund, food to put in them may be in short supply.  But Eore like I can practice boiling water.

This did not end well.  My package was lost, I received a refund.  But now Fissler cookware prices are much higher.

I should be working on my taxes.

• Sad 5

12 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

This did not end well.  My package was lost, I received a refund.  But now Fissler cookware prices are much higher.

On the upside, you can perhaps afford food that would provide more nourishment if not as much joy as boiling water in new pots. 

23 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

On the upside, you can perhaps afford food that would provide more nourishment if not as much joy as boiling water in new pots. 

But since there is no heat or water at the moment the point is sadly moot.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

At least you got a refund.  Mine wasn't refunded even though it was insured but, that is a story for a different day on a different forum.

I did score the pot I wanted on Amazon that was out of stock at Fissler.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

But since there is no heat or water at the moment the point is sadly moot.

They stopped US Mail service here in Texas where I live.  I drove into town and bought some groceries without any issues.  

😢  My new headphones and headphone amp are sitting in Dallas for two days now so, no high quality music from my cellphone until after this weather moves through.  After the cluster@#$%! from last years ERCOT failure, people locally are acting like the next ICE AGE is here and all the "dinosaurs" are going to die.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gfweb said:

Macys seems to have a bunch of A-C on sale as well -- that same set (for $10 more), and a few other things:

https://www.macys.com/shop/presidents-day-sale/Brand,Business_category,Home_categories,Sortby/All-Clad,Home,Kitchen,PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH?id=169742

I'm tempted by this oval baker — it's not "real" All-Clad (one of their "accessory" pieces, which means made in China and I think not multi clad) but it looks like a pretty nice big pan for $50

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/all-clad-stainless-steel-15-oval-baker-pot-holder-set?ID=4877689&CategoryID=169742

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Spice House is promoting 15% off this weekend.  I stocked up on saffron (how can one allow oneself to totally run out of saffron?), orange blossom water, blade mace, rosemary, and Spanish paprika.

Yes, I know:  sadly The Spice House is no longer owned by the Penzey family.  For reasons, I'd prefer to order my domestic spices from Bill Penzey.  And Bill receives a lot of my spice business.  But Bill does not deign to offer orange blossom water.  Without which no proper mai tai is possible.

And 15% is 15%.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Chamber Vac Sealer:

Sadly, This Deal Can't Last Forever.

Last week for current pricing and $250 Promo Code: SHOPLOCAL

It's been a tough couple of years for the hospitality industry. But just like you, we're planning on coming back stronger than ever. As VacMaster's New Exclusive Canadian distributor and with a bunch of exciting new products in the pipeline, we would like you introduce you to SimpleSKU Culinary - We Can't Wait to Reconnect!

Below you'll find a promo code for $250 off a new VacMaster Chamber Sealer. Please feel free to share with your friends or anyone who might need a new machine.

Thank you for your continued support of our small business, and we wish you all the best in 2022!

VacMaster VP215 Best Selling Commercial Chamber Vacuum Sealer

VacMaster VP215 Best Selling Commercial Chamber Vacuum Sealer

p

p

p

pp

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fissler, in the US at least, is having a 25% off mothers day sale on their 2019 Profi cookware collection and a few other pieces.  I like the older style better than the current offerings so I succumbed.

https://www.fissler.com/us/products/product-list/pots/original-profi-collection-2019/

• Like 1