• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

The Demeyere double plancha is being closed out at Zwilling online.  These are "seconds", and the last price I saw was $120.  I got one for $149.  They are worth the original asking price of $537.  3mm of aluminum and Silvinox finish--even and easy to clean.

• Like 2

Paprika, my favorite recipe software/app, is on sale through the end of the month  - as seems to be the case every Thanksgiving.  I wrote about it here.  There has since been an update which greatly improved the recipe import function.  If you scroll down to the second blog entry in the sale link you can read about some new features that are in development.  I didn't have to pay for the last update.  It is still quite slow to start up on Windows though.

Tuesday Morning has Red (Rouge) Staub right now at reasonable prices. Only 2-3 of each type of pan, so get over there quickly. (this red is kind of brick colored) At my local location, they were on an endcap facing the back of the store, far away from the kitchenware, so, look carefully.

3 hours ago, chefmd said:

Amazon US has 10 dollars off minimum 25 dollars books purchase with code HOLIDAYBOOK.  Works for pre orders too.

Wouldn't help much for Modernist Bread.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

45 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Wouldn't help much for Modernist Bread.

A penny saved...and all that...

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

BB&B has 20% off an entire order and free shipping no matter the total.

I bought a couple Cuisinart mini dutch ovens for $8.63 USD total.

• Like 3

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

C*R*A*P

I almost bought another IP !  I was right at the step  Place Your Order Now !

its all @Shelby fault.

tongue-out.gif

she must have half a doz. or more.   She must know an Electrician.

then the Clouds Parted and i had a Very Tall Ice Cold Jug of MR.

it was that close.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, rotuts said:

C*R*A*P

I almost bought another IP !  I was right at the step  Place Your Order Now !

its all @Shelby fault.

tongue-out.gif

she must have half a doz. or more.   She must know an Electrician.

then the Clouds Parted and i had a Very Tall  MR.

it was that close.

How can you pass up that price??????  Have another MR and maybe you'll change your mind :B

• Like 2

Ive found that after a certain amount of MR  all sorts of thing-ies end up in The Cart.

however its true !  $ 69 saves me $ 60 USD off the list price !

but more globally Id be out 69 to save 60  .

Amazon is selling the CSB at full price  : 299.  the IP for more or less 1/2 price

Soooo if the Amazonians sold the CSB for 1/2 price  i.e.  150 USD  ( free shipping etc )

Id be all over that !

I only have Two !  one still almost in the Box  3 - 4 would be nice

Ill just take that 22 lbs FzTurk down to the BandSaw and slice it into 4

rats Id need a few more CSB for the spuds , stuffing etc.

where is @PedroG when I needed him !

what I really need is ComputerGlasses  which I used to have   so I might type better

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

So far the zipper of my purse remains closed. Wonder how long that can last.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog