• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

10 hours ago, dscheidt said:

Thermoworks is discontinuing the thermapen mk4 (and replacing it with something they say is better.)  the Mk4 is on close out for $69, while they have them.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4?quantity=1&color=16

It's being replaced by the Thermapen One, one second temperature readings. 

• Like 2

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

28 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

You have a Tesla?

I have a Cybertruck order position.  Maybe 2023-ish delivery, being hopeful.  Hoping my current ICE car stays good until then.   So, yeah, the Cybertruck will be my most expensive online order eventually.  $$$$.  And not a Amazon order either! 😎

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, lemniscate said:

In case you didn't know, Woot! is part of the Amazon eco-system and your Amazon login will work on Woot!.

I've been purchasing off Woot! since before the big A swallowed them and have always been happy with the experience.  

I did not know that. I bought something on Woot! once, at least a decade ago, and promptly lost my login information. Thanks (I think) for the enhanced enablement! 9_9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 1 month later...

BlackFriday month. Some fresh e-mails this morning. Palouse--link HERE.  Washington State grown.

I've been out of my favorite soft white and red winter wheat berries for a while. Best garbanzos. Works out to under 3 bucks a pound. Each bag has field tracking and the name of the person packing. Free shipping.

I'm gifting black beans with a dry spice mix I've been working on so this was right on time. My gift bags are 12 oz---like what coffee beans might come in. Kraft paper with a clear window. Spice blend is based on a Mexican molé. 

Low on garbanzos as well. We have been making humus and roasting a spiced sheet pan for snacking once a week recently. 

Mixed grains with wheat berries I make once a week in rotation with other mixed grains. Nutty and a bit chewy. 

WHEAT BERRIES.jpeg

Edited by Annie_H (log)
  • Like 2
  • Delicious 2

One of the seafood vendors...WildFork or SeafoodAlaska has a free bundle this weekend for new members. I'm not at all in need at the moment but seems like a good deal. 

Thermopen is also having what seems like a good sale for those wanting to gift or try the new model. 

I usually pick up a treat or two from Zwilling, etc. but no real desires this year. I do want another Staub baby grain pot but I blinked and they were immediately out of stock. 

Costco shoppers. Until the 29th, prosciutto is under 10 bucks a pound for the double 8 ounce packs. 

ButcherBox has some good add-ons today. I just postponed my delivery another couple weeks. I need nothing...still many freezer choices at the moment. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rotuts said:

From Amazon , B.F. :

nada ! 

( so far ) 

put a small smile on my face 

I haven't even looked at Amazon today.  I got an alert that they started their BF sales yesterday so I looked for a few minutes and saw nothing at all interesting.

I listened to the news this morning which included a report about lineups at various stores.  Shortly thereafter the radio had a  call-in show. Listeners were asked what was the pandemic purchase that they most regretted. From enormous commercial size patio heaters to hanging chairs to a mother-of-the-bride dress, I found myself even less inclined to log on and explore Black Friday so-called sales.

• Like 4

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Good find @cslas. I'm sure those who do chocolate here have this in their library, but if you don't, this is a great price. Notters books as well as the texts from the Culinary Institute have reached all times highs for physical copies. Jump on them now if you were planning on it. 

Edited by minas6907
Grammer! (log)
  • Like 1

I had to laugh.  Today the Sony camera I've been using for my food photography went up again in price on amazon.  It is hundreds of dollars more than I paid for it last spring.

• Like 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, curls said:

Whole Food’s 12 days of cheese starts 10 December. Link to their ad, https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/tips-and-ideas/holiday/12-days-of-cheese?ref_=pe_30952010_615276390

I always say I will not be sucked into buying too much cheese...but I always do!

Harbison, Humboldt Fog, Herve Mons Mary Dans Les Etoiles, Rogue Creamery Enraptured Cherries Jubilee and Cowgirl's Mt Tam are all calling my name.  They're all on the soft side and won't last forever so if I buy, I need to eat and not save it for "special" 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1