• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

On 1/20/2021 at 9:15 AM, rotuts said:

Salsa&Pico  1/4 cup jars , $ 1  , limit 5

I've had some of this, probably sent to me as an extra with a previous order; I don't love it. As a matter of fact, I don't really like it. But, that's just me.

I did recently get a big order, including a free jar and some half price stuff. I try to replace ground spices/dried herbs annually. Now their freeebies tend to be little sample packets, which is just fine.

• Like 2

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

William-Sonoma sale

I finally got around to trying the W-S Dish towels

they were on sale 

WS.thumb.jpg.fd92750f1c5f4f1309c8c361e21102de.jpg

the Charcoal were cheaper than the red.  they had several shades of ' red '

I went w the charcoal.

there was some sort of Snafu , and I was supposed to pick them up in Bridgehampton , NY

slot 49

that's was not going to happen.  So I called them.  it took a little time and will power

to get passed their computer ....

but I did get a live agent and they will be shipping them to ' slot-less ' me.

I hope

I thought the shipping was free , but it might not have been

but they gave me free shipping as there was a Snafu.

looking forward to them.   Charcoal will be fine , in this instance.

you may or may not get free shipping

beware of slot # 49 in Bridgehampton NY .   it's jinxed.

drunk.jpeg.e30457280d57cd59506e023ac7808370.jpeg

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

got a flurry of emails from WS

My stuff was ready , # 49 BH NY

my stuff was picked-up !

no word on the shipping.

once you get a live agent , they are very good.

yell at the computer if you must

but not these fine people sorting out various Snafu's here and there.

I might have to check w them monday , to make sure Im not charged twice.

drunk.jpeg.2fca8cb7d0ed438ec874e0a1f310c2d5.jpeg

drunk.jpeg.76d1db04a343ebf2f461a7a8eaff59e7.jpeg

the patience of some of these live agents continues to amaze me

good for them.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Only a few days left in Zingerman's annual Balsamic Blowout sale. I always pick up a few bottles of Veccia Dispensa balsamics during the sale. And don't tell anyone, but you can save additional 10% off with coupon code AMAZING.

Dang it!  Lol.  Wish I would have known the coupon code--but I had a gift certificate so I might not have been allowed to use it.  I, too, bought some balsamic.  Good stuff.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Only a few days left in Zingerman's annual Balsamic Blowout sale. I always pick up a few bottles of Veccia Dispensa balsamics during the sale. And don't tell anyone, but you can save additional 10% off with coupon code AMAZING.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got some things and used the AMAZING code. Worked like a charm!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Dang it!  Lol.  Wish I would have known the coupon code--but I had a gift certificate so I might not have been allowed to use it.  I, too, bought some balsamic.  Good stuff.

Call them. Their customer service is stellar, so they might even be willing to issue you a credit for your next order. The code should work even with a gift certificate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

Call them. Their customer service is stellar, so they might even be willing to issue you a credit for your next order. The code should work even with a gift certificate.

Thanks so much!  I will call tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, palo said:

Did they give a reason or "misspoke"?

p

I "watched" as the Whole Foods shopper prepared my order.  The order completed but it never left the store.  I've been told by customer service in the past that sometimes the delivery person, who is an independent contractor, not an amazon employee, never shows up to take the bags.  That it is a bitter, icy night with a "freight train" winter storm commencing in the next couple hours may have to do with this.

Of course I shall complain politely and of course amazon will reverse the charge.  But sadly I do not have my $0.89 Bell & Evans drumsticks.  Nor more importantly my critical supply of mai tai limes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

55 minutes ago, dscheidt said:

the assets from many of the recently closed Godiva retail shops are up for auction.  https://www.grafeauction.com/events/upcoming

There are around 87 locations for auction, online only, closing 19 February.  there are tempering machines, fridges, blenders, tools, display stuff, and other random things. 

Not the I have the money to go crazy right now, but if I could by some miracle wind up catching this little fridge for my ferments and a blender at a steal, I may just lose my mind. I've got one store in town, and another close enough that it'd be worth the drive to catch a little fridge for cheap.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Now through 2/21/2021 Macy's is selling the 10 inch Demeyere Industry searing pan for $99.99.  Free shipping.  I bit.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/demeyere-industry-10-searing-pan?ID=10406436&CategoryID=7552

The searing pan appears to be a very low sided frying pan.  Unlike other Demeyere frying pans that look more to me like saute pans.  (If I really want pans for frying I have Falk.)

6 hours ago, TdeV said:

@JoNorvelleWalker, do you plan to put the Demeyere in the Anova oven?

No.  Unless to store it.  (And unfortunately I don't think it would fit.)

I was looking for an induction compatible, dishwasher safe, low-sided pan that I could use on my Paragons as well as on the stovetop.  All my existing frying pans are either non-stick or non-induction.  I have been searing in a wok-like stir-fry pan from Thailand but the sides are really too high for the application.

Speaking of bargains, that $30 stir-fry pan was possibly my best pan purchase ever.  I use it often.  I used it last night.  It is getting all dented up but it doesn't seem to care.  Anyhow I have a spare still in the box, waiting in the living room.

• Like 2