• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

Broadbent is having a sale :

today only.   I recently , a few months ago actually , stocked up

not everything is 30 %  but a lot is

today only it seems

""  goes well with beans  "

Nice! I see their little country ham biscuit slices are 30% off.  Maybe not the lowest price per ounce for bulk ham but they are so very handy to have on hand, either for a breakfast sandwich or when a recipe calls for a small amount of diced ham. 

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)

I have several pounds of factory sealed Benton's and Broadbent's

bacon , in my freezer .  I had space

now I only use the " Seasoning " stuff , mostly bacon but some ham.

I also keep that Fz , and sealed

I open the bag , take out what I need , ' process '  for the end result  

( sliced , chopped etc )   then soak in cold water for a bit to remove some of the

salt.  then use

I also have a vacuum sealer , so I seal up that same bag , and pot it back in the freezer.

mostly because I can.

• Like 1

Sur la Table has their semi-annual cookware sale going on now. Some good prices on All-Clad, ScanPan, Staub and other heavy hitters. They're saying "Up to 55% off!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 2:22 PM, Smithy said:

Sur la Table has their semi-annual cookware sale going on now. Some good prices on All-Clad, ScanPan, Staub and other heavy hitters. They're saying "Up to 55% off!"

I note the Le Creuset store has the same 20% discount as Sur ka Table and Williams Sonoma.  Any idea how long this sale is supposed to go on?

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

58 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I note the Le Creuset store has the same 20% discount as Sur ka Table and Williams Sonoma.  Any idea how long this sale is supposed to go on?

I can't find an end date for the sale on the Sur la Table email. 

• Thanks 1

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

4 hours ago, Smithy said:

I can't find an end date for the sale on the Sur la Table email. 

I'm told I am a weak woman.  We are getting a stimulus, right?  I ordered two Le Creuset pieces on sale from Williams Sonoma.  I collect Le Creuset cast iron,* not like I don't already own several.**

My yet unborn great grandchildren will bless me, even if my children won't.

*volcanique only of course.

**five six that I can count.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I just got another email from Sur la Table. Their big sale ends tomorrow, March 13.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I just got another email from Sur la Table. Their big sale ends tomorrow, March 13.

Perhaps April 13? Please don’t make me re-live March. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, curls said:

Perhaps April 13? Please don’t make me re-live March. 🙂

Yes, so sorry! Tomorrow will be April 13, and that is the last day of the sale. Guess I was stuck in a time warp.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Yes, so sorry! Tomorrow will be April 13, and that is the last day of the sale. Guess I was stuck in a time warp.

Fortunately I have already overspent my wad on Le Creuset.  I need to venture outside to the ATM this afternoon and deposit $5 so my rent check hopefully won't bounce.

• Sad 1

On 4/9/2020 at 8:31 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I saw the Le Creuset and Staub sales, variously on W-S, Sur La Table, and also Bon Appetit (or maybe Food 52?), and their sale prices are all pretty much on par with the every day prices on Amazon. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Hassouni said:

I saw the Le Creuset and Staub sales, variously on W-S, Sur La Table, and also Bon Appetit (or maybe Food 52?), and their sale prices are all pretty much on par with the every day prices on Amazon. Am I missing something?

Probably not.  Though I would note Le Creuset on amazon is typically from third party sellers.

32 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Probably not.  Though I would note Le Creuset on amazon is typically from third party sellers.

Does that matter?

14 hours ago, gfweb said:

This place has inexpensive enameled pots, but pricey cast iron and carbon steel.

https://www.marquettecastings.com/collections

Odd.  The enameled pots should be expensive and the carbon steel cheap.  (Relatively speaking.)

• Like 1

What might explain it:  the enameled iron pieces are from China.  The others are from the USA.  Anyhow my on sale Le Creuset arrived this evening.

Spice Trekkers are having free shipping for a $45 order that expires today.  After about an hour I had $90 in my cart.  Even though a good deal I decided I should save up for toilet paper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did anyone see this crazy price on the 4-Qt. Staub cocotte? From all vendors - wondering if they're discontinuing this size?

Staub 4 Qt.

Of course, I needed one. Now all I have to do is find room.

• Like 3

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

soup base if having a shipping sale ;

https://www.soupbase.com/Low-Reduced-Sodium-Bases-Gels/products/6/

i use the lower salt versions   they are fine and i keep them in the freezer 

"""  A NOTE TO OUR CUSTOMERS...
We have reduced our staff to a
minimum, to deal with Covid-19.
That said, delivery of products for this shipping deal will take longer than usual, possibly up to 10 days but actual time "in transit" will only be 2-3 days..

THIS SHIPPING OFFER WILL END ON
SUNDAY, APRIL 26 2020
$5.00 SHIPPING - ALL ORDERS OVER $40.00 """

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

soup base if having a shipping sale ;

https://www.soupbase.com/Low-Reduced-Sodium-Bases-Gels/products/6/

i use the lower salt versions   they are fine and i keep them in the freezer 

"""  A NOTE TO OUR CUSTOMERS...
We have reduced our staff to a
minimum, to deal with Covid-19.
That said, delivery of products for this shipping deal will take longer than usual, possibly up to 10 days but actual time "in transit" will only be 2-3 days..

THIS SHIPPING OFFER WILL END ON
SUNDAY, APRIL 26 2020
$5.00 SHIPPING - ALL ORDERS OVER $40.00 """

How "scoopable" are they right from the freezer or do you freeze them in say, 1 tablespoon portions?  How long do they keep in the freezer?

the beef is a bit ' pasty '

the roasted chicken ( which i prefer to the reg lowe salt chicken , but I haven't had the reg lower salt chicken in a while )

and the turkey and Ham are lumps  that are soft enough to chisel out easily what you need w a heavy spoon.

if you choose to go low salt , there seem to be two version :  the no MSG has more salt than the other similar

so look at the salt content before you consider one or the other

I prefer the lowest salt  as I can add more of the base  to get to the ' salt point '   Im looking for

thus more flavor.    if salt is not an issue  for you ,  there is a wider selection of the regular stuff.

Ive been getting this stuff for years and am very happy with it.

they seem to have sales several times a year , so give them your email and that's how i know about it.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1