• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

A4 Box has another online special, better than black Friday one (25%), now 30% off for next few hours.  Snip from email.

Christmas is coming and the best gift is presence of family wrapped with love.

So to celebrate Christmas with your friends and family we are offering 30% discount on A4Box. Enjoy cooking your and families favorite food this holiday and spread happiness with A4Box.

If you've been waiting to get it, now is the best time.

Use code- CHRISTMAS at checkout to get 30% OFF. Only lasts for next 48 hours.

You can do so here: https://afourbox.com/products/a4box

52 minutes ago, kayb said:

Doggone. SO tempting!

It appears that the 3-pan combo (6-hole, octopus ball and deep pan) is also eligible for that 30% discount. Right now I'm looking at the A4 and that 3-pan combo, with free shipping, for $236.60 because of the discount. Tempting, indeed.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, lindag said:

I posted about this also in the PAG topic.

THe PAG is on sale today at Amazon U.S. for $169!

I highly recommend it.

6 minutes ago, TdeV said:

@lindag, PAG?

Adding detail to lindag's answer: it's the Philips Avance Smokeless Grill, with Cleaning Tool included as a bonus. Tempting!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

We were buying oil sunflower seeds at our nearby Mennonite Store this morning.  I took the time to wander around looking for deals.  Seems like there is almost always something amazing to find.  And so there was again today.  They were selling 1 1/2 pound packages  of Hickory smoked , thick sliced Wrights bacon  for  $2.49 each.....no limit.  And nope, it has not expired yet either.  I grabbed four packages.   This is a fun store and if you are a quilter, you will be ga-ga over the fabric selection.  It is called  Dutchman and is in Cantril Iowa if you want to Google it.   Often I am one of the few non Amish shoppers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, BeeZee said:

Nuts.com has free shipping with $29+ purchase, today only.

I browsed the sale and easily reached $59, which gives free shipping any day.  Better with nuts.com to wait until they offer either a discount or a free something that you like.

Did I mention nuts.com is almost as bad as Rancho Gordo?  Thankfully I go through a lot more nuts than beans.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, rotuts said:

Penzey's  :   20 % off , all but vanilla and greeting cards

20 % off minimum for free shipping.

is there a coupon code?

what's the resulting minimum for free shipping?

9 hours ago, jaw said:

is there a coupon code?

what's the resulting minimum for free shipping?

*Penzeys 20% Off Offer Details
Not applicable to prior sales, not valid with other offers. Not for resale. While supplies last. Online, visit www.penzeys.com, and enter SAFE into the apply code field at checkout. Standard shipping rates and certain exemptions apply (Vanilla Extracts and Gift Cards). Discounts only applicable to items in stock during the promotional period. Offer ends midnight Monday, March 16, 2020.

Free shipping is normally $40. Less 20% = $32

• Like 2

well it seems they are closing all their stores

so I was able to take advantage of the 20 % off

for me

and got items I can keep for some time.

Win Win I think

and I think the sale ends today.

fancy  pants Bold Peppercorns

will keep.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, chord said:

Vitamix.com has the reconditioned Explorian blender on sale for $200 with coupon code SAVENOW. It's their base model and it's reconditioned, but I think that's about as good a price as you'll see

https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/shop/certified-reconditioned-explorian

if you sign up for retailmenot you can save an additional 8% off the price approx $16.00. they send a paypal transfer or check

Broadbent is having a sale :

unnamed.thumb.png.346f32d2821f5f99a430092d70e303cb.png

today only.   I recently , a few months ago actually , stocked up

not everything is 30 %  but a lot is

today only it seems

""  goes well with beans  "

• Like 2