• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

9 minutes ago, rotuts said:

it says use either hand

is there a screen on both sides ?

am I missing something ?

The display auto-rotates to read right-side-up regardless of which way you hold it.   Not continuously, just to the 4 poles, like a smart phone or tablet. 

• Like 2

Penzeys is offering another deal: 1/4 cup jars of aleppo pepper and Mitchell Street seasoning for $2 each, plus free 1/2 cup jars of their cinnamon sugar and granulated air-dried shallots, and a "kind heart" pin if you spend $5.  While adding items to my cart I got a pop up saying that since I spent $50 they were adding in a free 1/4 cup jar of the aleppo pepper and Mitchel Street seasoning.  Shipping is free if you spend $30.

Edited by liamsaunt (log)
  • Like 2

Penzey's is offering free shipping with a $20 order this weekend.  Beginning Monday, their shipping rates will increase with the free shipping option kicking in at $40 vs the current $30. 

Free 1/2 cup jar of granulated shallots with a minimum $5 order with code 49155C.

For some reason, I always unearth some decrepit old spice that should be replaced immediately AFTER I've placed an order with them.  Last time it was white pepper.  Now that I've placed another order, I'm sure it will be something else xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Amazon's offering a September sale on the IP Duo 9-in-1.

Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted link to be eG-friendly (log)
  • Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

For any of my fellow Canucks who might be interested, Canadian Tire's current flyer has the CSO for $229, regular $349. This weekend only, for their anniversary "Big Red Sale."

• Like 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Also, I was just at the store and they've got the Instant Pot Duo 60 (v 3, if it matters) for $79.99 and the 8-quart version for $159.

...should there be anyone other than me who's yet to succumb.

• Like 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Yeah, not happening. Despite all I've read here, there's no way in the world I could bring myself to plunk down $200+ for an oven that size. Just can't do it. If it was the same dimensions as the Oster French-door oven, I'd have to give it some pretty serious consideration, but not at the current size. 

Of course, if they did bring out the larger version I'd probably balk at the price. :P

• Haha 1

I actually did buy the 6-quart IP.

Truthfully I'm still ambivalent about it, even after being bombarded for the past two years with my fellow eGers' enthusiasm (two years to arrive at ambivalence is actually qualifies as a snap decision for me, for this sort of thing). It's still in its box in my office with the receipt carefully taped to the top, should I decide to take it back.

I probably won't, though. Five or six years ago I was interested enough to seriously consider the cheapo Presto stovetop pressure cooker at Walmart, so I'm sure I'll get my money's worth out of it eventually.

• Like 1

@chromedome

I hope you manage to get a 6-qt basket that fits in your [ boxed ] iPot.

I have one or two still in the box myself ,  for emergencies only 

as Id be quite bereft waiting for Re-Supply  [ at an outrageous price ] 

if my current Working Horse went belly up.

I got both   Vand V for less than 100 USD

the basket makes this gizmo sing :   pressure steamed Veg.

and Soup and Stock buttons appeal to me , as its now so easy to make both.

re CSO

its well worth having one to see how outstanding Combi-cooking is.

that it for now !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I found this mention of Instant Pots on sale this morning.

Two places, two different versions of the same pot:

"Instant Pots Are On Sale For Just $80 At Target This Week"

According to Target, you'll save $20 on the Instant Pot 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker (6 qt.). The stainless steel multi-function cooker, normally $99.95, is on sale for $79.95

Amazon has a behemoth version of the same Pot on sale:

"Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer"

Currently $89.99US (they say that's 36% off the regular price).

I have no idea how long either sale will last.

edited to clarify

Edited by Toliver (log)

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I received an email from Costco yesterday mentioning that they had the Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker for $89.99US.

That price (you have to log in to the Costco web site to see the price) is $25 off the normal price. They say the sale discount comes from the manufacturer which explains the Instant Pot sales at Target and Amazon. I believe the sale price (at least at Costco) is only through Sept. 30th (Sunday).

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 1 month later...

Today only at Williams Sonoma, 20% off any one item and free shipping with coupon code 'vote'.

Some exclusions apply.

I just ordered my Microplane Ginger (and garlic) Grater

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 3

Thanks, linda! I also got the Microplane ginger grater. Hurrah!

Also today only, Sur la table has free shipping on all orders with the code VOTE18. So obviously if there is something small and less expensive than the free shipping minimums which you want perhaps check William Sonoma first and if they don't have it, you can try Sur la table

• Like 2

Food52 is running a sale on a gorgeous=looking 11" Greenpan Venice Pro non-stick skillet, with cover and spatula included. The sale price is $69; normal price $180. If it's your first purchase from them, you can get an extra $10 off by using the code 10CBXAB. I am trying hard to think of why I should buy this pan...our current French skillet's finish is wearing; one can always use another pan...and so far I can't justify it. It's tempting enough, however, that I think I must tempt others with it. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

These people: https://homeandcooksales.com offer periodic 3-day sales of All-Clad factory seconds.  The current sale started yesterday and ends tomorrow at midnight EST.  Shipping this time is a flat 5.95/order.  

Discounts off the list price vary by item and range between ~ 40% and 80%. 

The interface is sort of odd with all the terms and conditions and a request for an email address upfront but I've ordered from them twice and been pleased so I thought I'd pass it on. Items arrived well packed in original All Clad packaging.  One pan had a very small scratch on the top rim and others appeared fine to me.