• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

44 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Modernist Books :

MC.thumb.jpg.feea40f437d9d0ebc9e79bba63d59fd6.jpg

this is an email from MC

Interesting.  I wonder what starting price that 20% discount is calculated from. 

Modernist Cuisine has a list price of $625 and is currently listed on Amazon at $495.47 or 21% off list and was selling at 437.50 for a good period time, from Nov 17 thru mid-Mar 18.

Modernist Bread has the same list price and is currently listed at 11% less or 558.35.

I guess I can see for myself tomorrow AM!

4 hours ago, rotuts said:

Javlin Sale 

Lavatools Javelin PRO DUO Ambidextrous Backlit folding meat thermometer

I have one of these as back up for my thermaPen

37 excellent price for a spare

Nice that its screen rotates and is backlit. If I had any room left on my refrigerator, I might also like the magnetic attachment. xD

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

On 7/17/2018 at 3:17 PM, catdaddy said:

That Modernist Bread link took me to amazon and a $448.85 price tag....good for about 6 more hours.  Still too pricey for me.

Let's hope the books sell better than the food photography.  I was literally the only non-employee in the NOLA store/gallery all the times I stopped in there.

33 minutes ago, lindag said:

walmart online has the Instant pot 6qt. on sale for $49.99 US.

Sorry, can't post a link right now.  free 2 day shipping.

Links in this article. Amazon now has it for sale for $49.99, as well. It's the older Lux model but might still be a good deal for some people. 

https://www.cnet.com/news/instant-pot-49-dollar-sale-at-amazon-and-walmart-last-chance/

wow

not that I know this

Im guessing it works just as well as the next versionj

w the handles

that changed iPots and made them maid stream

should one need an extra oor 2 

ncie

2 hours ago, FauxPas said:

Amazon has the Kitchenaid mixer on sale as a Deal of the Day for $219, which I believe is the lowest price it has listed for this unit. 

KitchenAid KL26M1XER Professional 6-Qt. Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer

Damn! I think that's less than I paid for mine, refurbished, eight years ago.

• Sad 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Alton Brown posted a link to a ThermoWorks sale on the Thermapen Mk4: 

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4-DOD-Aug18-AB

It's $74.25 vs the regular price of $99.  That's also less than the regular price of $79 for the classic Thermapen.  The web page says the offer ends at Midnight, Wed Aug 8, 2018

AB says it's not sponsored and he's not making money off the deal. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Alton Brown posted a link to a ThermoWorks sale on the Thermapen Mk4

thanks, @blue_dolphin! I just ordered one. I'm a southpaw and I'm tired of having to use my Classic Thermapen in my right hand, so have been thinking of getting the newer version for a while. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Alton Brown posted a link to a ThermoWorks sale on the Thermapen Mk4: 

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4-DOD-Aug18-AB

It's $74.25 vs the regular price of $99.  That's also less than the regular price of $79 for the classic Thermapen.  The web page says the offer ends at Midnight, Wed Aug 8, 2018

AB says it's not sponsored and he's not making money off the deal. 

I've been waiting for this opportunity. Thanks for the headsup!

• Like 1