• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

3 hours ago, Smithy said:

Thermoworks announced a sitewide Spring Sale today: 15% off everything. 

Wonder if the sale will last till the 16th?  (I seem to be broke at the moment.)

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I got an email from Penzey's this morning. 

Through Sunday [05/13/18] we've dropped our usual $30 minimum for free regular shipping to just $20. Now's your chance to pick up those 3-4 items you are out of without having to take the time to drive to a store or pay for shipping.

No coupon needed. Just visit us online at penzeys.com for your easy and economical free regular shipping. Please pass this offer on to family and friends. The lower minimum really does make it easier to get started experiencing all the goodness sharing tasty food sets in motion.

edited to make the Penzey's URL an actual link

Edited by Toliver (log)

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Wonder if the sale will last till the 16th?  (I seem to be broke at the moment.)

I can't find the end date on their own web site, but when I Google Thermoworks the advert that comes up under the name says the sale ends May 20.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

4 hours ago, Smithy said:

I can't find the end date on their own web site, but when I Google Thermoworks the advert that comes up under the name says the sale ends May 20.

The 20th would be nice.  I'd order a number of things.

Right after I posted my musings above I called Thermoworks to ask when the sale would end.  They said it was an indeterminate end date.  The sale would most likely last three or four days.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The 20th would be nice.  I'd order a number of things.

Right after I posted my musings above I called Thermoworks to ask when the sale would end.  They said it was an indeterminate end date.  The sale would most likely last three or four days.

Well, the ThermoWorks 15% off sale is still going on.  I achieved quite a discount but I had to let the idea of a high temperature USB data logger go.

However now I could probe an alien.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

this might only interest me :

I ended up getting two Anova BT's

ordered one day apart w my email coupon :  $ 87.20 delivered

I got mine two days after ordering , regular free shipping.

the second has not been sent yet.  that's a little over a week

I wonder if they sold out or rfeally depleted their stock.

I told you this might only interest me.

• Like 2

Parmashop

https://www.parmashop.com/english/

Ten percent off everything through 5/27 with code "Parma2018".  I'm not sure if that's an additional 10% off items already on sale or not.  Guess I'll find out.  Note there is no mention of this coupon code on the site.

Funny thing, I almost put in an order yesterday.  Rather glad I hesitated.  Now if I only had somewhere to hang a ham...

• Like 1

Penzey's is having a sale starting at 6 pm E today

it might be via email

here is a way to sighn up for email

http://spices.penzeys.com/coupon.html?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVdNeU16QmxZVFl6WkRBeiIsInQiOiJjOW11b1V6Z1NhSUY1eks5OGd6NnVrREUzbm01ckJHQ3JESjJiVk5VUHlEOEFxdzFFTVZQM2g1OU5JY3FJWEVWVGlzK04xTHk3NnVTd1wvcUJhVkdtTzBhMVFTQXo5amlpZlBBVGE4Vm5wVERRNnQzUzVkM1lNWmJTa0kyT25VcmYifQ%3D%3D

Ive gotten the bulk of my herbs and spices from them for a long while.

Ive noticed a significant blip in their sales

apparently there is a boycott penzey's movement as they have chosen to speak out politically

any way , 

there it is.

there is also a free shipping w 15 $ purchase , rather than 30 the usual.

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

Penzey's is having a sale starting at 6 pm E today

it might be via email

Ive noticed a significant blip in their sales

apparently there is a boycott penzey's movement as they have chosen to speak out politically

any way , 

there it is.

there is also a free shipping w 15 $ purchase , rather than 30 the usual.

Thanks, rotuts. There's a store here in GR, about 10 minutes from our house, so iirc I've never ordered via their website.

I've made it a point of late to buy more stuff from Penzey's, doing my small part to counteract the boycott. They're also very supportive of teachers, especially those at public schools.

• Like 2

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

there is a store several towns over from me.   I rarely get out that way , so order on-line

one fine thing about the stores , is you get to taste everything if you like.

I almost always ' refresh ' my stock when the shipping drops as i don't need to order much 

to so that.

Ill look over what I need and place an oder soon

53 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Penzey's sale :

Penz.thumb.jpg.c4b622ca893d819b8b27e5c59c00e16d.jpg

Thank you! My order has been placed. 1/4 c  jar Mural of Flavor, 1/2 c jar Sunny Paris, and 3/4 c bag Garlic Powder Granulated (which I have bought before and love). Total price would have been $21.39, but with this deal just the $7.95 shipping. So I am basically paying for the garlic powder and getting to try the other two items for free. Yay!

Edited by robirdstx (log)

On 5/31/2018 at 8:45 AM, hongda said:

Anova on clearance at Target.  Ringing up at $64.50 around me.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=072-10-0414

Plug in your zip code to check local availability. 

Note that there is some uncertainty to this deal, despite prices reported by Brickseek. I visited Target today to pick up a unit shown by Brickseek as priced at $64.50 but in-store the unit was marked and rang-up at $90.30.

Edit: Edited to add that it Brickseek was merely a day ahead of the store in marking down the unit. I returned a day later and, while it had not yet been re-tagged, it rang up at $64.50. Credit to a fellow egulleter for alerting me to this phenomenon. 

Edited by EMichels (log)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 3:17 AM, rotuts said:

Penzey's sale :

Penz.thumb.jpg.c4b622ca893d819b8b27e5c59c00e16d.jpg

I finally received the Penzey's order I placed from this sale.  It didn't ship for a full 2 weeks after the order was placed.  One of the slowest I've experienced from them.  I won't complain though as I got a free 3/4 cup bag of Tellicherry black peppercorns, 1/2 cup jar of cinnamon and 1/4 cup jar of ground chipotle pepper, all of which I needed and would have been $19.93.  I added enough other restocks (embarrassing how closely my old ground ginger and allspice resembled dust :$)  to make the $15 free shipping limit.  Nice deal. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...