• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

Woot.com has the Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator up today for $170, same model on Amazon is $240.  Their deals are up for one day (or less if they sell out their stock in under 24 hours).

https://home.woot.com/offers/excalibur-food-dehydrator?ref=w_cnt_cdet_home_dly_img

Edit:  And it's gone...

Edited by Coogles (log)

Vitacost is currently offering 20% off all ($50 and over) food orders—and free shipping.

24 hours only.

This is the best deal I've found on Redboat Fish Sauce and Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and some other stuff.

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Canadian Tire has the IP Mini on for $89.99, if that should be of interest to any of my fellow Canucks. 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

5 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Canadian Tire has the IP Mini on for $89.99, if that should be of interest to any of my fellow Canucks. 

Curse you! Do you think I could put the mini inside the large so hubby didn't know I had one of every size?

They also have their big IR thermometer for $29.99

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Haha 1

Apparently today's the last day of that flyer, but the IP was a special buy so maybe they'll be on until they sell 'em all. 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

• 4 weeks later...

Bineshii has chefs reserve wild rice on sale 20 percent off with the code CHEFWD.  It is really wild and not farm grown.  I bought different kinds from them before and it is insanely delicious, lots of umami.  

https://bineshiiwildrice.store/collections/gourment-wild-rice/products/chefs-reserve-wild-rice

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon.com currently has the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer on sale for $85.95US, normally priced at $99.00US.

Not sure how long this will be on sale.

There are a lot of Amazon devices (Kindles, Fire tablets, etc) on sale, as well.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

On 2/11/2018 at 6:24 PM, Lisa Shock said:

Just a reminder to check the discount aisles in Home Goods, especially after the fall/winter holidays when they get in more high-end items. Today, I got a Staub cast iron 2.9L/3qt tomato cocotte, new, in perfect condition, for $69.99! Weird thing is, I never saw this item on the shelf until today. I had seen a pumpkin one in October, at $129.99, but never a tomato. Maybe someone returned it. Oh well, timing, I guess.

Wow!  That thing is $350. or so.

• Like 1

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I am not posting this to engage in political discussion, but if you agree with the message WOW it is a bargain  https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/penzeys-american-heart-and-soul-box/c-24/p-3121/pd-gb

I think it is free in the stores versus online thru today or tomorrow

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Like 2

I like their collection boxes, generally, though this one doesn't really trip my trigger. The tie-dyed dishtowel that came with my last one, though, was way cool.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2018 at 5:33 PM, Toliver said:

It's on right now for $99 CDN right now at Canadian Tire, as well (no, I still haven't pulled the trigger on that one). 

I'm sure most of us here are well set as far as cookware goes, but if you're in Canada and have friends and family members who aren't, there's a great deal to be had on a Paderno set. Canadian Tire bought Paderno a year or so ago and set about cutting down on the number of cookware sets in the lineup. The top of the line was their "Artisan Accent" set, which was fully clad around a copper liner (a la All-Clad) as opposed to just having a pad at the bottom, and had a rather handsome hand-hammered finish. Back in the day, the 11-pc set listed at $1199 ($999 at retailers) and I never saw it below $599. 

It's now discontinued, and London Drug has it on for $229 with (at present) free shipping across Canada. My own small pots were a random assortment of thrift store acquisitions, so I bought a set for myself. My son bought one as well (he'd always had roommates, and always used their pots), and I bought one for my daughter's birthday. They have a 25-year warranty, but should realistically last a lifetime or two with minimal care. 

Clicky.

• Like 2

That's enough to tweak my interest. I'm a long way from Canada, but I'm wondering if London Drug can sell/ship to US customers? Anyone know? In the alternative, I'd be happy to send money to any of our Canadian friends who'd be willing to get a set and get it shipped to me.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Are we talking this one or the hammered one? I know I saw the hammered one the last time Anna and I were at Canadian Tire a few weeks back and noted how inexpensive it was in clearance.

Canadian Tire has 2 sets of this -  one called Artiste-clad - 12 piece set $399.99 down from $1599.99 - 3  ply clad aluminum core between two stainless.  Then they have the artiste 12 piece single ply hand hammered cookware set for two $249.99 down from $999.99 - The first one is considerably nicer than the second. Heavier. 

I suspect you want the clad version.

Just a heads up. Not all Paderno cookware is manufactured in Canada!    Some of it is made in China for those who have an issue with such a fact.

If you click on the Q&A here you will see this set is apparently made in China.  And before anyone gets their shirt in a knot I have some beautiful cookware that is made in China. I am just saying for those for whom this might be an issue. 

Click.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

4 hours ago, kayb said:

That's enough to tweak my interest. I'm a long way from Canada, but I'm wondering if London Drug can sell/ship to US customers? Anyone know? In the alternative, I'd be happy to send money to any of our Canadian friends who'd be willing to get a set and get it shipped to me.

Having just gone and looked at the two sets - I wouldn't bother with the ones that are at London Drugs - they are the single layer. They look pretty but they aren't substantial. 

If you want me to pick up the $400 set and send it off to you - I will be happy to do that for you. Artiste-clad

Now I'm starting to get confused - these are showing up as Lagostina rather than Paderno - pretty sure I was looking at Paderno!

Yeah the Padermo is Artisan. It is very confusing. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

12 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

The hardcover version of Matt Jenning's book Homegrown: Cooking from My New England Roots has been selling on Amazon.com for $3.48 for about a week or so.  Not sure how long that will last.

Sadly, not on Amazon.ca

I just noticed this and picked it up for $3.40!

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou