• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

igourmet.com is having a 20% off sale tomorrow.  They already caught me with an earlier sale that offered free shipping or I would be jumping on this one.  I love that one of the listings that you can search is simply called. "stinky cheese".   We are working our way through that list wedge by wedge.

• Like 1

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Fine Cooking magazine is running a special - 1 yr (6 issues) for $6.00

$8.00 in Canada

Does anyone know the regular subscription fee?

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

9 minutes ago, FauxPas said:

Not seeing this anywhere. Link opens to a price of $59. Was there a 1-hour deal or something, maybe? I'd be interested in the Mini only at the right price (already have two 6 quart ones). 

I too have two 6 quart ones.  Didn't stop me from getting the Mini which I use quite a bit.  Used a 6 quart one today for the first time in a while to make some 13 bean soup.  Just sayin'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FauxPas said:

Not seeing this anywhere. Link opens to a price of $59. Was there a 1-hour deal or something, maybe? I'd be interested in the Mini only at the right price (already have two 6 quart ones). 

Yeah, I didn't see it noted but apparently it was only for a limited time! That sucks! :(

• Like 1

Disappointment of the day: DiBruno Bros. offered a cyber Monday 20 percent off sale with free shipping. I was going to hop on that, as their minimum shipping, due to refrigeration, etc., needs is $27.

Come to find out, it's free shipping ONLY IF you spend $149.99. I was aggravated enough I said hell with it.

• Like 3

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

I saw this sale this morning on the US Amazon web site:

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Bluetooth, Immersion Circulator, 800 Watts, Black $99.00US ($50 off)

I am a US Prime member though I think that won't impact US users of the web site or the price they see.

I just don't know how long the sale is going on.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

On 11/27/2017 at 2:30 PM, DiggingDogFarm said:

Yeah, I didn't see it noted but apparently it was only for a limited time! That sucks! :(

It might be featured again around Christmas. I'm going to try and watch for it then! 

I see it's back up to $69.99 today on Amazon.  :shock: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FauxPas said:

It might be featured again around Christmas. I'm going to try and watch for it then! 

camel camel camel is your friend. 

Click 

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

The KitchenAid 6qt KL26M1X is available direct from KitchenAid in brand new (not refurbished) condition on EBay right now for $249.99 with free shipping. Using the EBay coupon code PHoliday10 brings the price down another $25.00 to $224.99. This is the best price I've seen on the 6 qt, which I've been watching for this year. Available in Black, Red, and Silver.

Edited by EMichels (log)
  • Like 1

While WIllaims Sonoma is having their 20% off and free shipping with code MERRY, I took the opportunity to buy myself some gorgeous new crystal cocktail glasses.  More fun at cocktail hour!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lindag said:

Williams-Sonoma, 20% off and free shipping with promo code GIFT.

That's just one item, though -- not unlimited.

• Like 2

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

I kept seeing this deal all last week on Amazon but didn't post it because I got burned once for posting an Amazon Daily Deal that was quickly over.

But I saw it again this morning so I thought I'd post it:

Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Omelette Fry Pan, 10-inch and 12-inch Set, Black, New Version  $37.46US

I am a US Prime member and the price you see might vary.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Breville Smart Oven Air- ASIN B01N5UPTZS

Sorry, the link isn't inserting. Amazon has it for 23% Off...($308.95) I just pulled the trigger and got one. :D:D:D Even though I just got the Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven on BF... LOL.

Host's note: here's the Amazon link: Breville Smart Oven Air
(I have no idea why it wouldn't go up in the top line.)
Edited by Smithy
Added host's note (log)