• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

23 minutes ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

I just bought one. :)

We’ve dragged you over to the Darkside at last. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us I’ve enjoyed our Instant Pots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

The Anova Bluetooth 800W sous vide circulator is currently on sale for $94.95 on Amazon.com. Its 900W Bluetooth + WiFi big brother is on sale for $111.95.  Both sales end in 13 hours, 29 minutes as of this writing.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I'm hoping the Joule drops to ~$150. :)

I'll be on it like a rat on a Cheetos cheese puff! xD

Probably a pipe dream! :(

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Just in case any is interested...Amazon's Black Friday deals are already happening (they started yesterday as far as I know).

I bought a Fire 10 tablet for my niece (an avid reader & streamer) for $50 off.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

24 minutes ago, Toliver said:

Just in case any is interested...Amazon's Black Friday deals are already happening (they started yesterday as far as I know).

Noooooooo.

• Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

I bought one of these for my husband. For $100, it's pretty hard to beat, since the reviews on it are quite good:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/16/amazon-fire-hd-10-review/

https://www.pcmag.com/review/356287/amazon-fire-hd-10-2017

Edited by FauxPas
to add additional review (log)
  • Like 1

Hmm. Tempting. 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Turns out they're in the Superstore flyer at that price, too, as part of their Black Friday promo. 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

On 21/11/2017 at 6:32 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Canadian Tire is selling the IP 6 quart for $70 here.

The Canadian Tire nearest me was the last of the three in the city to sell out, which took until lunchtime today. I was not one of the buyers, as I'm still equivocating. Best Buy Canada has them on for the same price, but is apparently also sold out in my area and online. 

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

I am seeing this Joule @ $149 - the all white version.

Wow!

Thanks!

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Today on Amazon.com: Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 for $81.99. Some of you might find the 8-quart capacity useful.

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

7 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Today on Amazon.com: Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 for $81.99. Some of you might find the 8-quart capacity useful.

I bought two of those this morning for Ronnie's daughters.  I am pretty sure the younger one will find it useful...the older one will probably sell it lol but we will see.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

I am seeing this Joule @ $149 - the all white version.

I was excited and almost strung for it, but in the end, I balked. :S

I'll wait for the ANOVA's death.

Not much birthday money left. :(

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Phillips Air Fryer is amazon deal of the day.

Here's the Amazon link for the Philips Air Fryer, for $109.99. 

• Like 1

I wasn't sure where to put this, but amazon is now selling the replacement slipcase for the original Modernist Cuisine. It's made of steel and much sturdier than the original clear case. Comes with cardboard wedges, like Modernist Bread, to protect your books' covers. This will probably be a limited edition item, so get it while you can!