• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

On 7/11/2017 at 4:12 AM, IowaDee said:

If Amazon is smart enough to let me know I already own the book, why isn't it smart enough to tell me where I put it?  Now that would really be useful!  

On 7/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Did you ask Alexa?

You need to have Amazon Echo Silver for that function.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SJMitch said:

You need to have Amazon Echo Silver for that function.

This had me choking and sneezing and crying.  And my nose is running.

• Like 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Sorry to post again so quickly, but BookBub alerted me to the low price.

Again, I am a US Prime member, so the price you see might be different

Rick Bayless' "Fiesta at Rick's: Fabulous Food for Great Times with Friends" Kindle Edition $1.99USir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00DDJW58

@JoNorvelleWalker, I promise not to be offended if you put me on ignore. xD

• Like 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

someone I know was weak .

W-S has been sending me a barrage of 20 % off coupons over the week or two.

there is this :

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/instant-pot-duo-plus-pressure-cooker/?cm_src=AutoSchRel

most of those 20 % offers do not count towards the new IP that is on sale. but that's a bit hard to figure out ...

so I went to my Local Maul , which is 7 minutes away , and killed two birds w one stone :

Fiddled w all the Great Apple stuff  and across the way was a W-S.

they were using that new iPot right then and there.

I asked about all those coupons  and yes in the fine print  no iPot.

however , w a new free WS charge card , Id get the 20 % off.

truth be told I have a drawer full of CC's I don't use.  I told them after paying the first bill it would join the other.

however :    first statement ;  20 $$  USD coupon good for anything.   The month of your birthday , $$ 25 voucher for anything.

Someone is having a BD next month.  so I caved.  It probably would have been wiser for me to get the 8 qt IP on AmazonDay as

the iP strength for me is pressure steaming.

but , well , I was weak :

5978b272e7669_IPNew1.thumb.jpg.edf42516b6e324137d7ac36d853035d3.jpg5978b28d35cea_IPNew2.thumb.jpg.5f0aa2013c73ad1a05337eb249929b84.jpg

MC has to carefully examine each new box.

there is really nothing I need from WS  for those two coupons

except   

those gold baking sheets and etc

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/usa-pan-goldtouch-nonstick-cookie-sheet/?cm_src=AutoRel

So Ill get two for almost nothing

then one a year

suprise.gif.b629c9b6b3d82e77f3cdb90f26db378d.gif

the final cost to me was $ 101.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, rotuts said:

someone I know was weak .

W-S has been sending me a barrage of 20 % off coupons over the week or two.

there is this :

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/instant-pot-duo-plus-pressure-cooker/?cm_src=AutoSchRel

most of those 20 % offers do not count towards the new IP that is on sale. but that's a bit hard to figure out ...

so I went to my Local Maul , which is 7 minutes away , and killed two birds w one stone :

Fiddled w all the Great Apple stuff  and across the way was a W-S.

they were using that new iPot right then and there.

I asked about all those coupons  and yes in the fine print  no iPot.

however , w a new free WS charge card , Id get the 20 % off.

truth be told I have a drawer full of CC's I don't use.  I told them after paying the first bill it would join the other.

however :    first statement ;  20 $$  USD coupon good for anything.   The month of your birthday , $$ 25 voucher for anything.

Someone is having a BD next month.  so I caved.  It probably would have been wiser for me to get the 8 qt IP on AmazonDay as

the iP strength for me is pressure steaming.

but , well , I was weak :

5978b272e7669_IPNew1.thumb.jpg.edf42516b6e324137d7ac36d853035d3.jpg5978b28d35cea_IPNew2.thumb.jpg.5f0aa2013c73ad1a05337eb249929b84.jpg

MC has to carefully examine each new box.

there is really nothing I need from WS  for those two coupons

except   

those gold baking sheets and etc

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/usa-pan-goldtouch-nonstick-cookie-sheet/?cm_src=AutoRel

So Ill get two for almost nothing

then one a year

suprise.gif.b629c9b6b3d82e77f3cdb90f26db378d.gif

the final cost to me was $ 101.

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!   I can't wait to hear what you think of this model!!!!

Yeah, I have the WS credit card too and I LOVE it.  You also get $25 coupons off if you spend a certain amount within a certain amount of time (I forget the exact stipulations).  I had $50 to use up by today so I bought a lemon press and 4 plates and 2 containers of hand soap.  My total was $8.

I just won the lottery ($14)  but I'm not even tempted by things being offered here.  xD  gonna save my money for something I really want! 

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

11 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Woooo Hooooo !

a winner !   14 bucks !

oh , wait , Canadian ?

Damn. Yeah. $11 USD. 

• Like 3

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Thanks to my DW I will be getting the new TimeStack 4-channel timer I mentioned above, in yellow, for my birthday. September suddenly feels like it's a long way away. Yes, I want it for my ren faire kitchen. At Northern it is not unusual to have 3 different things happening at once that need timers.  I like the fact that you can record individual messages or sounds for each timer.

Timer.jpg.8bc262424ff875a9e42430962e5018a9.jpg

Edited by Porthos (log)
  • Like 7

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

If anyone's been wanting to make some of the oh, so marvelous popsicles I've been posting over in the Popsicle thread, you can pick up the Norpro 10-pop moldir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B0002IBJO on Amazon for $12.92, down from the usual price of ~ $19. 

Usual disclaimer:  I'm a US Prime member so your prices may differ. 

@Porthos - I'll be interested in hearing what you think of that timer. The voice recording feature sounds at once interesting and potentially disturbing - I'm imagining having it shriek, "Hey, get out of your damn chair and go turn on the oven like I told you to!" xD

• Like 2

@blue_dolphin I won't have my hands on it until Sep 13 give or take a couple of days, putting it into initial service on the 16th. I am hoping to successfully record alternate alarm sounds instead of my voice. On my last cell phone I had loaded 150 sound effects.I used the submarine dive horn for the timer alarm on that phone. Very distinctive.

• Like 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

On 7/26/2017 at 0:00 PM, Porthos said:

1 hour ago, flippant said:

$38 int'l shipping

So I took advantage of this on Wednesday morning, I received it the next day (Thursday) - Pretty fast as it started out in Utah!

btw the shipping to Canada (not as international as Australia I guess) was $14

p

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, palo said:

So I took advantage of this on Wednesday morning, I received it the next day (Thursday) - Pretty fast as it started out in Utah!

btw the shipping to Canada (not as international as Australia I guess) was $14

p

I placed the order for the TimeStack and 1 1/2 hours later I had "it's shipped" info including a tracking number. I have been inpressed with the quick handling of the several orders I have placed with them.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

For any Ted Allen fans out there...

"In My Kitchen: 100 Recipes and Discoveries for Passionate Cooks" by Ted Allen Kindle Edition $1.99USir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B007SGM2E

edited to add:

Bobby Flays's "Brunch at Bobby's: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend" Kindle Edition $1.99USir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00O025H0

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

(Quickly runs for cover xD )

Edited by Toliver (log)

Tim Oliver

On 7/20/2017 at 8:47 AM, ElsieD said:

In Canada, BookBub  has the Kindle edition of Peter Reinhart's The Bread Bakers Apprentice, 15th Anniversary Edition on for $2.99.

@ElsieD I thought I would post this US Amazon link in case anyone wanted it:

Peter Reinhart's "The Bread Baker's Apprentice, 15th Anniversary Edition: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread" Kindle Edition $2.99USir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B019B6XJQ

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

1 hour ago, Toliver said:

For any Ted Allen fans out there...

"In My Kitchen: 100 Recipes and Discoveries for Passionate Cooks" by Ted Allen Kindle Edition $1.99USir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B007SGM2E

edited to add:

Bobby Flays's "Brunch at Bobby's: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend" Kindle Edition $1.99USir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00O025H0

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

(Quickly runs for cover xD )

Well the Ted Allen book is only $1.99 Canadian so it's hard to resist. Never heard of the guy but what the heck. And I'm not even a prime member. 

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

Today at the Strand's cheapo stacks outside the store: the Zuni Cafe Cookbook for 3 bucks. I almost bought it, because really. But then I remembered I already have it. I'm sure it will be gone by Monday (I won't be there before then). If it isn't, I just might buy it anyway.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

Well the Ted Allen book is only $1.99 Canadian so it's hard to resist. Never heard of the guy but what the heck. And I'm not even a prime member. 

Easy for you to say Ms. Lottery Winner! :P

• Like 4