• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

On 5/15/2017 at 7:16 PM, Toliver said:

Perhaps Amazon is reading this board...another couple of finds (fair warning...I am a US Prime Member so the price I quote is the price I see...YMMV):

ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00A1OZC6"Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction"ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00A1OZC6 $1.99US Kindle

"Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book: Recipes and Secrets from a Legendary Barbecue Joint"ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00486UEW $1.99US Kindle

I've always been intrigued by Gibson's white barbecue sauce, but after hearing about how legendarily good Dreamland ribs were, and trying them and finding them somewhere below mediocre, I just don't trust Alabama barbecue.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

GrillGrates is offering 15% of your entire order including closeouts.

https://www.grillgrate.com/?utm_source=Bronto&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=MemorialDay_2017&utm_content=HeroImage_Shop&_bta_tid=26043501955476421343547956726044307632020250870483715557424291392902937941248784123679864107906298081101

These are replacement grills for any grill and they are excellent quality. I heard about them here. Thanks!

yes

GSrillGrates are a must

i have a set for my 3 burner Weber.  

I do vertical chicken and there is no flair up.   get the frill to say 350   add some wood chips if you want for some smoke

and 4 V.Chickens     close lid and come back when done.

nice

• 2 weeks later...

Ruth Reichl's "Comfort Me with Apples: More Adventures at the Table" Kindle Edition ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B000FC1HF$1.99US

I'm a US Prime member so your price may vary.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

If anyone's in the market for an (or another) Instant Pot, Kohl's has the Duo 7-in-1 online for $99.99, plus another 20 percent off with the code "BUYQUICK." Plus another 3 percent cash back on Ebates, if you use Ebates. Not a bad deal.

Don't ask. Eat it.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

Penzey's has a weekend special of free shipping with a $20US minimum order. The free shipping deal is through this Sunday, 6/11/17.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

Penzey's has a weekend special of free shipping with a $20US minimum order. The free shipping deal is through this Sunday, 6/11/17.

Almost every time I go on their website to take advantage of a $20 minimum, I end up spending at least $30 anyway xD!

• Like 2

Have you been to one of their retail stores?  That is a very dangerous place for me.  The displays are so beautiful and you can smell samples of everything.  The containers are so small so a "couple" of more won't hurt will they?  And just one or maybe two of these?  Oh lookie, I think I saw that used in some recipe, better buy it just in care.  And this is just what my neighbor was talking about, I'll get her one and better add one for me.  And here's one I never even heard of.  I'll make a game of finding out what it is and how to use it.  Can't recall if I'm almost out of this better buy a back up supply in case I'm running low.  And on and on it goes.  And don't even get me started on how  nice  and helpful every single employee is!  

Probably a very good thing the nearest store is over 100 miles away.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

Have you been to one of their retail stores?  That is a very dangerous place for me.

The one closest to me was in Santa Monica and they've closed it so I'm more or less safe.

I'm sure it was an expensive location and I rarely saw more than one or two people in there.  Too bad.

i went to my local less than a week ago.

over a bazillion years I must have tried everything , before thy had so many stores.

only one item I though was mediocre :  Abobo

nothing happened for me

i try to get the 4 oz stuff , as its creeper and then parcel it out.

its a bit bit more expensive than it used to be

but still the best.

and indeed 

@IowaDee 

you might get more than you need @ the store

but its still the best.

less then a week ago  I didn't bring certain coupons

but they gave me the free stuff anyway

I was with a friend.  I got the 4 0z of Sandwich sprinkle

fantastic for croutons

it came w a free tall jar.

I gave it to him as he had not tried it

a new addict Id say.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaDee said:

Have you been to one of their retail stores?  That is a very dangerous place for me.

Oh yes, dangerous.

Mine is 10 minutes from my FIL's house.

Edited by Porthos (log)

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

• 2 weeks later...

Two cookbooks by Steven Raichlen:

"The Barbecue! Bible 10th Anniversary Edition" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"Man Made Meals: The Essential Cookbook for Guys" Kindle Edition ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00IIXLKU  $1.99US

Usual Disclaimer:  I am a US Prime member...the price you see in your browser may be different.

edited to add:

I don't think I posted this book before...my apologies if I have:

"Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share" Kindle Editionir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B004WY1FJ  $2.99US

Edited by Toliver
added Martha (log)

Tim Oliver

7 hours ago, chefmd said:

Lucky peach easy Asian recipes is 3.99 on US kindle.

And Manresa cookbook is 1.99.

~$34 for the Manresa cookbook

~$21 for Easy Asian Recipes

Where are you getting these? Prime?

8 hours ago, flippant said:

~$34 for the Manresa cookbook

~$21 for Easy Asian Recipes

Where are you getting these? Prime?

Amazon US kindle.  I am not a Prime member.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/instant-pot-duo-plus-pressure-cooker/?bnrid=3160410&cm_ven=facebookads&cm_cat=WS&cm_pla=Logo&cm_ite=LAL

Instant Pot Duo 8 in 1, 6 quart, $119 from Williams Sonoma. Plus 15 percent off and free shipping if you're a new customer. 

Amazon Prime Day is coming July 11.

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

4 minutes ago, kayb said:

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/instant-pot-duo-plus-pressure-cooker/?bnrid=3160410&cm_ven=facebookads&cm_cat=WS&cm_pla=Logo&cm_ite=LAL

Instant Pot Duo 8 in 1, 6 quart, $119 from Williams Sonoma. Plus 15 percent off and free shipping if you're a new customer. 

Amazon Prime Day is coming July 11.

Oh man.  I have a $50 credit from WS to use however I want.....

I don't need another IP...I don't need another IP....

More Kindle eBook deals...The prices I see may be different than what you see as I am a US Prime member...sorry about that:

The previously mentioned 

"The Barbecue! Bible 10th Anniversary Edition" Kindle Editionir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B0075KQ56 by Steven Raichlen has a lower price $1.13US, if you can believe it

Also, "BBQ USA: 425 Fiery Recipes from All Across America" Kindle Editionir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00COBSU3 by Steven Raichlen also $1.13US

"Ruhlman's Twenty: 20 Techniques, 100 Recipes, A Cook's Manifesto" Kindle Editionir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B0064BXCE by Michael Ruhlman $2.99US

"Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London's Ottolenghi" Kindle Editionir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B005CRY2O by Yotam Ottolenghi $2.99US

"Lucky Peach Presents 101 Easy Asian Recipes" Kindle Editionir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00RRT34G by Peter Meehan $3.99US

Tim Oliver