• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

17 hours ago, dtremit said:

I did manage to somehow ruin the finish on one of the dutch ovens after someone burned tomato sauce onto it really badly. I tried just about everything to get that stuff off; it worked in the end but the interior finish is dull and now everything sticks to it. Fortunately that pan is just the right size for bread baking so I have just used it for that of late. One of these days I'll get around to making a warranty claim.

I looked into the warranty claim at one point. I recall you need to call, get a #, then send at your expense to be evaluated. (SC?). 4-6 weeks they either send a new similar pot, or offer a discount coupon for a new one. Old one does not come back home. I replaced the cracked knob with a Staub knob I had. Found the old cracked knob cleaning out the 'junk' drawer. 

I did recently start using the old 2 quart for RG beans. Perfect for a 1/3'rd or half pound. I have a couple beans soaking so I gave it the 'water to a boil, baking soda, peroxide treatment'. Easy on the glossy enameled surfaces like the sides. Then did the bleach and soap treatment on the dull bottom. Now noticed a new chip on that bottom surface. Lots of chips all over the lot. Might just pass for the warranty because I loath all the steps to get there. Obviously I'll put that shit cracked knob back on if I do that.😂

Staub had the larger grain pot and a smaller dutch on sale. I'd rather go there than jump through hoops for a leCrueset replacement. 

All my enameled cast iron is stacked with kitchen cloths between so not at all that rough with them. 

The small one top back is the one I use for toasting sesame seeds and other seeds/nuts. This starter set is from 1989. Fine for the most part but I don't care for the exposed cast iron top lip. One has some rust stains running down the white interior. I used to wash by hand and run an oiled finger around the top edge---but I seem to have moved on to Staub. 😜

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 12.19.17 PM.png

Annie_H

Annie_H

16 hours ago, dtremit said:

I did manage to somehow ruin the finish on one of the dutch ovens after someone burned tomato sauce onto it really badly. I tried just about everything to get that stuff off; it worked in the end but the interior finish is dull and now everything sticks to it. Fortunately that pan is just the right size for bread baking so I have just used it for that of late. One of these days I'll get around to making a warranty claim.

I looked into the warranty claim at one point. I recall you need to call, get a #, then send at your expense to be evaluated. (SC?). 4-6 weeks they either send a new similar pot, or offer a discount coupon for a new one. Old one does not come back home. I replaced the cracked knob with a Staub knob I had. Found the old cracked knob cleaning out the 'junk' drawer. 

I did recently start using the old 2 quart for RG beans. Perfect for a 1/3'rd or half pound. I have a couple beans soaking so I gave it the 'water to a boil, baking soda, peroxide treatment'. Easy on the glossy enameled surfaces like the sides. Then did the bleach and soap treatment on the dull bottom. Now noticed a new chip on that bottom surface. Lots of chips all over the lot. Might just pass for the warranty but I loath all the steps to get there. Obviously I'll put that shit cracked knob back on if I do that.😂

Staub had the larger grain pot and a smaller dutch on sale. I'd rather go there than jump through hoops for a leCrueset replacement. 

All my enameled cast iron is stacked with kitchen cloths between so not at all that rough with them. 

The small one top back is the one I use for toasting sesame seeds and other seeds/nuts. This starter set is from 1989. Fine for the most part but I don't care for the exposed cast iron top lip. One has some rust stains running down the white interior. I used to wash by hand and run an oiled finger around the top edge---but I seem to have moved on to Staub. 😜

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 12.19.17 PM.png