• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

BlackFriday month. Some fresh e-mails this morning. Palouse--link HERE.  Washington State grown.

I've been out of my favorite soft white and red winter wheat berries for a while. Best garbanzos. Works out to under 3 bucks a pound. Each bag has field tracking and the name of the person packing. Free shipping.

I'm gifting black beans with a dry spice mix I've been working on so this was right on time. My gift bags are 12 oz---like what coffee beans might come in. Kraft paper with a clear window. Spice blend is based on a Mexican molé. 

Low on garbanzos as well. We have been making humus and roasting a spiced sheet pan for snacking once a week recently. 

Mixed grains with wheat berries I make once a week in rotation with other mixed grains. Nutty and a bit chewy. 

WHEAT BERRIES.jpeg

Annie_H

Annie_H

BlackFriday month. Some fresh e-mails this morning. Palouse--link HERE.  Washington State grown.

I've been out of my favorite soft white and red winter wheat berries for a while. Best garbanzos. Works out to under 3 bucks a pound. Each bag has field tracking and the name of the person packing. 

I'm gifting black beans with a dry spice mix I've been working on so this was right on time. My gift bags are 12 oz---like what coffee beans might come in. Kraft paper with a clear window. Spice blend is based on a Mexican molé. 

Low on garbanzos as well. We have been making humus and roasting a spiced sheet pan for snacking once a week recently. 

Mixed grains with wheat berries I make once a week in rotation with other mixed grains. Nutty and a bit chewy. 

WHEAT BERRIES.jpeg