• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

the beef is a bit ' pasty '

the roasted chicken ( which i prefer to the reg lowe salt chicken , but I haven't had the reg lower salt chicken in a while )

and the turkey and Ham are lumps  that are soft enough to chisel out easily what you need w a heavy spoon.

if you choose to go low salt , there seem to be two version :  the no MSG has more salt than the other similar

so look at the salt content before you consider one or the other

I prefer the lowest salt  as I can add more of the base  to get to the ' salt point '   Im looking for

thus more flavor.    if salt is not an issue  for you ,  there is a wider selection of the regular stuff.

Ive been getting this stuff for years and am very happy with it.

they seem to have sales several times a year , so give them your email and that's how i know about it.

rotuts

rotuts

the roasted chicken ( which i prefer to the reg chicken , but I haven't had the reg chicken in a while )

and the turkey and Ham are lumps  that are soft enough to chisel out easily what you need w a heavy spoon.

if you choose to go low salt , there seem to be two version :  the no MSG has more salt than the other similar

I prefer the lowest salt  as I can add more of the base  to get to the ' salt point '   Im looking for

thus more flavor.    if salt is not an issue  for you ,  there is a wider selection of the regular stuff.

Ive been getting this stuff for years and am very happy with it.

they seem to have sales several times a year , so give them your email and that's how i know about it.

rotuts

rotuts

the roasted chicken ( which i prefer to the reg chicken , but I haven't had the reg chicken in a while )

and the turkey are lumps  that are soft enough two chisel out easily what you need w a heavy spoon.