• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

to try and make my comments clearer!

On 11/25/2018 at 6:15 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Nuts.com offered $25 off a $150 order.  Caving was all too easy.  In fact my order was over by 2 cents.  Canadians would not understand this.

Hahahhahahaha!   Well, we Canadians do understand it when we pay with credit card instead of cash!    🙂

11 hours ago, btbyrd said:

World Market's Cyber Monday promo will get you up to 40% off today, but you have to spend $300 (before the promo) to get the largest discount.

In related news, I just purchased 55 cans of Ortiz tuna.

Canadians also don't understand the high tariffs that the US slaps on European tuna.

Costco Canada has lovely Italian tuna (Rio Mare) for $11 Cdn for 4 tins of 160 g. And it's $5.50 US for 114 g tin of the Spanish here in the US right now.

Is the Spanish Ortiz really that much better? I'll have to check when I'm back in Canada and see what varieties are available in the local stores. 

I have tried to find Rio Mare while in the US, ordered it once through Amazon but wow it is so expensive here! At any rate, there are US tariffs on tuna that make the imported price very high. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

On 11/25/2018 at 6:15 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Nuts.com offered $25 off a $150 order.  Caving was all too easy.  In fact my order was over by 2 cents.  Canadians would not understand this.

Hahahhahahaha!   Well, we Canadians do understand it when we pay with credit card instead of cash!    🙂

10 hours ago, btbyrd said:

World Market's Cyber Monday promo will get you up to 40% off today, but you have to spend $300 (before the promo) to get the largest discount.

In related news, I just purchased 55 cans of Ortiz tuna.

Canadians also don't understand the high tariffs that the US slaps on European tuna.

Costco Canada has lovely Italian tuna (Rio Mare) for $11 Cdn for 4 tins of 160 g. And it's $5.50 US for 114 g tin of the Spanish here. Is the Spanish Ortiz really that much better? I have tried to find Rio Mare while in the US, ordered it once through Amazon but wow it is so expensive here!