• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Question:  do you get notified of these deals?  I get daiky Kindle notifications from Amazon.ca but there is never a cookbook among them.  I too am a Prime member.

No. I do not get notified. Amazon is one of the web sites that I try to peruse daily (and briefly...that site is full of rabbit holes!).  

When I go to the Kindle section of the Amazon web site, there are some different categories of cookbooks (International, Cookies, Pies, etc) shown to me. I sort of zip through them to see if there is anything new. 

The Amazon Daily Kindle Book Deals are not for people looking for cookbooks. If you click on the "Kindle Daily Deals" section of the Amazon web site, cookbooks do not show up. They have a lot of other categories (Romance, bestsellers, etc) but no cookbooks. I am hopeful this will be rectified some day ("...He said to the Amazon employees reading this forum" 9_9).

Then when I do have the time, I will go through the Amazon Kindle Cookbook section with their thousands of cookbooks and just start looking through them, page after page (after putting my viewing settings in the search bar at the top of the screen. For example "- Paleo -Diet -Vegan -Gluten" to screen out the cookbooks I have no interest in). I burn out easily doing the long page perusals but sometimes, I find gems which I post here on eGullet.

edited to add another not-quite-in-the-bargain-price-territory cookbook:

"Wolfgang Puck Makes It Easy" Kindle Editionir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B007V91GU $4.99US

Toliver

Toliver

13 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Question:  do you get notified of these deals?  I get daiky Kindle notifications from Amazon.ca but there is never a cookbook among them.  I too am a Prime member.

No. I do not get notified. Amazon is one of the web sites that I try to peruse daily (and briefly...that site is full of rabbit holes!).  

When I go to the Kindle section of the Amazon web site, there are some different categories of cookbooks (International, Cookies, Pies, etc) shown to me. I sort of zip through them to see if there is anything new. 

The Amazon Daily Kindle Book Deals are not for people looking for cookbooks. If you click on the "Kindle Daily Deals" section of the Amazon web site, cookbooks do not show up. They have a lot of other categories (Romance, bestsellers, etc) but no cookbooks. I am hopeful this will be rectified some day ("...He said to the Amazon employees reading this forum" 9_9).

Then when I do have the time, I will go through the Amazon Kindle Cookbook section with their thousands of cookbooks and just start looking through them, page after page (after putting my viewing settings in the search bar at the top of the screen. For example "- Paleo -Diet -Vegan -Gluten" to screen out the cookbooks I have no interest in). I burn out easily doing the long page perusals but sometimes, I find gems which I post here on eGullet.