• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 hours ago, kayb said:

Dammit. And damn one-click ordering, while I'm at it.

Yes.  I succumbed to Gjelina, Roots and the Joe Beef book - I may never try them at the restaurant, but I can't resist reading about the Foie Gras Breakfast Sandwich or Pork Fish Sticks xD

Edited to add this slightly off-topic comment:  In the case of Roots, I've been curious about it ever since reading Bryant Gumbel's Piglet review of the book on Food52.  A quote:

Morgan's recipe for Chioggia Beet Carpaccio for example, produces a dish that while very good and attractive, asks the reader to fry cheese -- a challenge for even accomplished home cooks. Further, it asks for beets sliced to a thinness matching the depth of Ann Coulter's intellect, a task I found near impossible.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 hours ago, kayb said:

Dammit. And damn one-click ordering, while I'm at it.

Yes.  I succumbed to Gjelina, Roots and the Joe Beef book - I may never try them at the restaurant, but I can't resist reading about the Foie Gras Breakfast Sandwich or Pork Fish Sticks xD