• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Wayne

Wayne

Returned yesterday from a five day fishing trip of which four were spent in pouring rain and to put icing on the cake not a single fish caught. Still have lots in the freezer from the last outing.

Chinook.JPG

The garden is thriving:

Cocozelle.JPG

Fall plantings of kohlrabi, lettuce, daikon and watermelon radish.

Large Bed.JPG

More lettuces, cilantro and dill.

Herbs and Romaine.JPG

And finally this morning's pickage.

Morning Harvest.JPG

Cocozelle zucchini, beet greens, jalapenos, dill, parsley, garlic chives, tomatoes, watermelon radishes, daikon, mouse melons, beets and in the center hot peppers (aji limo, habaneros, cherry bombs, hot portugals and a lone red jalapeno).

Those are the end of my beets and I have to admit I'm not a big fan of beetroot and grow them for their greens.

Over the next few days I'm going to start doing some serious preserving.

Wayne

Wayne

Returned yesterday from a five day fishing trip of which four were spent in pouring rain and to put icing on the cake not a single fish caught. Still have lots in the freezer from the last outing.

Chinook.JPG

The garden is thriving:

Cocozelle.JPG

Fall plantings of kohlrabi, lettuce, daikon and watermelon radish.

Large Bed.JPG

More lettuces, cilantro and dill.

Herbs and Romaine.JPG

And finally this morning's pickage.

Morning Harvest.JPG

Cocozelle zucchini, beet greens, jalapenos, dill, parsley, garlic chives, tomatoes, watermelon radishes, daikon, mouse melons, beets and in the center hot peppers (aji limo, habaneros, cherry bombs, hot portugals and a lone red jalapeno.

Those are the end of my beets and I have to admit I'm not a big fan of beetroot and grow them for their greens.

Over the next few days I'm going to start doing some serious preserving.