• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

I am not a gardener.  I plant stuff, but don't expect much.  This year is an anomaly.   I have a 4' x 12' area I have planted a lemon tree, a pomegranate, some sort of a seedless grape vine (thompson?) and cape honeysuckle.  It all just overlaps and the lemons and pomegranates do fine and I harvest what I care about.  The grape vine has been forgotten for years and just intertwines with the other trees and does essentially nothing.  I think I must have hacked back the grape vine in Jan/Feb for some reason because I actually got a harvest of grapes just now.  They are small, yet sweet and I probably got about 5-ish lbs.   Anything over 7' high and too hard to untangle from the lemon and pomegranate are angel's share for the birds.  I'm pretty chuffed about eating backyard grapes.image.thumb.jpeg.0d91795ddb6041526ca4e562ccc46e47.jpeg

IMG_0886 2.jpg

lemniscate

lemniscate

I am not a gardener.  I plant stuff, but don't expect much.  This year is a anomaly.   I have a 4' x 12' area I have planted a lemon tree, a pomegranate, some sort of a seedless grape vine (thompson?) and cape honeysuckle.  It all just overlaps and the lemons and pomegranates do fine and I harvest what I care about.  The grape vine has been forgotten for years and just intertwines with the other trees and does essentially nothing.  I think I must have hacked back the grape vine in Jan/Feb for some reason because I actually got a harvest of grapes just now.  They are small, yet sweet and I probably got about 5-ish lbs.   Anything over 7' high and too hard to untangle from the lemon and pomegranate are angel's share for the birds.  I'm pretty chuffed about eating backyard grapes.image.thumb.jpeg.0d91795ddb6041526ca4e562ccc46e47.jpeg

IMG_0886 2.jpg