• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

Does anyone know if squirrels will dig up and eat asparagus sets? My bed has some suspicious looking holes in it. I have a healthy sized colony of squirrels in my yard. And not a sprig of anything sprouted.

I guess I'll have to replant next spring and cover the bed with chicken wire.

On the other hand, the green beans are all sprouted -- and unlike the old house, I do NOT have a family of bunnies here! -- and the tomatoes and other plants look strong and healthy. I'm sold on raised beds.

kayb

kayb

Does anyone know if squirrels will dig up and eat asparagus sets? My bed has some suspicious looking holes in it. I have a healthy sized colony of squirrels in my yard. And not a sprig of anything sprouted.

On the other hand, the green beans are all sproute -- and unlike the old house, I do NOT have a family of bunnies here! -- and the tomatoes and other plants look strong and healthy. I'm sold on raised beds.

kayb

kayb

On the other hand, the green beans are all sprouted, and the tomatoes and other plants look strong and healthy. I'm sold on raised beds.

kayb

kayb

Does anyone know if squirrels will dig up and eat asparagus sets? My bed has some suspicious looking holes in it. And not a sprig of anything sprouted.