• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sartoric

sartoric

Fix typo

6 minutes ago, heidih said:

Usually December is start of prime citrus but our weather was so off track. Plus we had no water for a long time so who knows.  The oranges are very showy now. Here us 1.  

IMG_1272.JPG

Wow, my orange tree is only a few weeks from looking exactly the same. We’ve had lots of mandarins from tree 1, and tree 2 is ripening now. Also had big drought of course. One theory is the trees all thought they’d die in the prolonged drought, so were desperate to reproduce. I reckon that’s how we got 90 odd mangos from a smallish tree. 

sartoric

sartoric

2 minutes ago, heidih said:

Usually December is start of prime citrus but our weather was so off track. Plus we had no water for a long time so who knows.  The oranges are very showy now. Here us 1.  

IMG_1272.JPG

Wow, my orange tree is only a few weeks from looking exactly the same. We’ve had lots of mandarins from tree 1, and tree 2 is ripening now. Also had big drought of course. One theory is the trees all thought they’d die in the prolonged drought, so were desperate to reproduce. I reckon that’s how we go 90 odd mangos from a smallish tree.